• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetBlue Captain Pay?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What I think is funny about all this is how on other threads MESA is bashed post after post for voting in the contract that was much lower than everyone else's.Say one thing about JB and you will start a flame in their defense.I sorry they are no better than mesa,just because they are the darling of NY does not excuse them.Mesa is the low sucking scum of the regionals and JB is the same of the majors.I'm just calling a spade a spade.

Intruder,

Back out from under your rock? How was your winter hibernation? Baited any other flames lately?

BTW, as you are so fond of pointing out, JB isn't a major airline yet. In fact, didn't you say that it would never be a major? It will be in the next year or so, regardless, which isn't bad for a scum sucker airline.

Back in your hole, troll. Just calling a spade a spade.

Now back to the originally scheduled subject:

Out of curiosity, how much of your time in an average month is paid at above 70 hours? How many days on average are you scheduled to work? If you have vacation does it count toward the 70 hours to get you to 1.5? How many days are reserves scheduled and do they have to fly 70 hard hours to get to the 1.5? How do you get the extra trips for the overtime, bid, first come first served, bride scheduling?

Just would like to know.

thanks

contrail777

I live in Havelock and commute from RDU. The drive sucks but out of RDU is real easy. There is over 20 flights a day between Eagle, Comair, and USAir Ex and the people treat you great. The only time I have had problems is bad winter storms, but still made it every time. Normally I end up going to LGA. About 1/4 of the time I get into JFK. I have been told that we will be going to RDU "within the next couple of years". Have heard that one before, but we'll see. About 10 or so of us come out of RDU.

Zman

Thanks guys!

I am getting ahead of myself thinking about commuting. I start UPT this year, maybe in around 5 years. Hopefully, everyone will be hiring again by then. Also, JB will be flying to RDU :D

Go Pack!

Reality Check

contrail777 -- You better check your contract. One year at UPT plus a 10 year commitment is 11 years!!! Who knows what will happen by then.

Contrail--

I'm racing DGS at this very moment to post, but I'll take seconds on this one, fellow Wolfpacker...

GET YOUR HEAD OUTTA YOUR BEHIND AND CONCENTRATE ON THE TASK AT HAND! :eek:

You're going to UPT? Well, you'd better have made your mental commitment to the Air Force by now or you will not make it in the military.

Trust me--you will enjoy your time in the Air Force, flying the best aircraft in the world with the best folks at your side.

Please don't look at the AF and UPT as a stepping stone to the airlines. Just go do the best you can for the right reasons, and the rest of your life will fall into place just fine.

And, if you still want to come on over to JetBlue when you've served your country with pride and distinction...we'll still be here.

flyingitalian said:
Out of curiosity, how much of your time in an average month is paid at above 70 hours? How many days on average are you scheduled to work? If you have vacation does it count toward the 70 hours to get you to 1.5? How many days are reserves scheduled and do they have to fly 70 hard hours to get to the 1.5? How do you get the extra trips for the overtime, bid, first come first served, bride scheduling?

70 hours is the min guarantee. Hours usually range from 72 to 88 depending on your preference and the quantity of flying available in a month vs. current manning. You can bid min, average, or max credit per month with our bidding software.

12-18 days working. Guaranteed 12 days off. Our trips average over 6 hours a day. It all depends on seniority and your preferences. Most people work about 15 days on with 15 off. Senior guys can get over 80 hours in 12 days.

Vacation and PTO does not count toward bonus pay.

Reserves still get a guaranteed 12 days off. The reserve min is 75 hours, so you get 5 hours of premium pay. It is rare, but possible to exceed the 75. Most reservists are probably getting 50-60 of actual flying.

For max overtime, bid "max sked" then try to pick up trips out of open time that keep you within the 30 in 7 rules. At the end of bidding there is a window to pick up open time--awarded based on seniority. After that it's first-come, first-served. I have no idea what bride scheduling is.

To all JetBlue critics,

The title of this thread does make me chuckle. Why does it always come down to pay? Sure, good pay is important, but there are a few things in life that are hard to put a pricetag on. No, I do not work for JetBlue. I don't have blue blood, or drink blue koolaid. Yes, I work for another outfit. Yes, my hourly last year was close to twice a JB captain (but getting smaller!), but I have to say, all things considered, they have a very good operation. The esprit de corp is downright phenominal, and the management has incredible business acumen combined with a good, ethical heart. How do you put a price on that? Just rode to NY on JB round trip. Passengers are happy, crew happy, not a bitch heard anywhere. I say good job. Would I trade places? Strong possiblity.

You've probably heard the saying "the fish smells from the head first". Most managements out there stink. I know a few that don't, and those are the ones making money with happy employees. Maybe the other majors will start paying attention to what JB has, a good management that truly cares about their employees. How do you put a price tag on management integrity and honesty? Think about it.

Skirt

JB may not a major yet but is stll a scum sucking airline just like Mesa ,me crawling out from under a rock makes no difference.I know some of you think JB is above all that....sorry you're dogs just like them.Asked most of the pilots at Mesa they don't see anything wrong with what their doing either.

Latest resources

Back