Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nice attitude

Intruder One said:
JB may not a major yet but is stll a scum sucking airline just like Mesa ....sorry you're dogs just like them.

Intruder -- Easy big fella!!! Did you feel like that when you came to the JB interview, or did you just develop that attitude after you were rejected? Were you also rejected by Mesa? Your sour grapes are getting old. It was much more pleasant and more professional when you were under your rock.

For the more enlightened crowd -- Skirt has made a couple of important observations. If all you care about is money, life tends to disappoint the greedy. I was more concerned with job satisfaction, and couldn't be happier that I'm with jB. (SWA was the only other place I considered working. Great company, but jB is more like the company I read about in Nuts than SWA is today.) You are right--we love this company. That's why we come to its defense so often against people who just don't get it and who try to misrepresent us.

Lots of us came to jB as skeptics--wondering if it was too good to be true--and discovered that is was both good and true. Meeting David on the first day of indoc is a breath of fresh air. If we drink the blue Kool-aid, it's because we like the taste, not because we have been brainwashed into drinking it. Not everything is perfect, but people are working hard to identify and fix problems as they surface, and that's all I can ask for.

Like I said in the beginning of this thread, jB pays a comfortable living wage. Talk to me in 10 years and we'll lay out the total compensation packages to see who fared better. Stock options in many companies are worthless and profit sharing doesn't work when you are losing money. Meanwhile, those are pretty big chunks of change for us and could make us "the highest paid A320 pilots in the industry." All the while, we are enjoying the heck out of what we are doing and I make no apology for that!

Uh oh...

OK, I am leaving the "Majors" board. :cool:

Guys, I am 100% into what I am about to do, AFRES, so no worries. I am looking forward to working my a$$ off in OTS/UPT and not a cube. Did not intend to talk about my situation, just comment on JB pay relative to where you could live. Like I said, just curious. Take it easy.

Guys and Gal(s):

I flew for TWA because I loved it. I stayed at TWA not for the pay but, because I loved it. After American bought TWA, the job quickly started to suck. I'm not talking about sour grapes and integration. I'm talking general working conditions, employer/emplyee relations, contract items, bidding, nonreving, the feeling of being appreciated. At TWA we were one of the team. At American we are easily expendable and more of a nuisance than anything else.

Pay is certainly not everything!!!!!!! :eek:

I would trade my 12718 seniority number at AA for the bottom number at JB any day. As a matter of fact I'm trying to right now!

And, in that frame of reference: Are any of you or, do any of you know any former Bizex or TWA pilots at JB? If so, please give them my E-mail address or email me with theirs.

Thank you all and you JBers........ You are some Lucky SOBs!!

Mark Neubauer
[email protected]

Neubyfly,

Ditto, ditto, ditto. Same background (even Bizex until I got furloughed there also), I couldn't have said it better myself and I too am dying to get a shot at JB.

Counselair
:cool:

Sorry guys I have no stress,these message boards are just something to do.What we all say here makes no difference its just a way to do a little venting.LCC's are what they are nothing more or less.If I was working at JB I would feel the same way.Just because you work there does not mean you can excuse what they are doing,if you can you are blind.I know you guys don't like being thrown into the pot with the likes of Mesa,but you are the same just at a different level.If it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck......its a duck!

Intruder One said:
....Just because you work there does not mean you can excuse what they are doing,if you can you are blind.

What are they doing that needs to excused?? Making a profit? Growing? Kicking the "Majors" asses? Treating their employees well? Treating their passengers well? Making ones job fun?

Major airlines are the ones who are making excuses for years of mismanagement and arrogance that has finally caught up with them. The strong arm unions are also to blame. I'm not antiunion just anti-stupidity.

Talk about venting... I'm done

Go back and read Intruder One's posts. All was great at jetBlue until he gets turned down at his interview. Then he talks the sh!t he is talking now. Not to hard to figure, is it? If they would have hired him, he would have no problem "doing what they are doing", and would be walking and talking just like those "ducks" he claims to despise. The best advice...pay him no attention.

Latest resources

Back