• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue: Bushy to depart

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think SG is a nice guy. However, I don't think that he is qualified, experience-wise or intellectually, to be the Flt Ops VP for a major airline. I can only assume that he does all these aforementioned great things behind the scenes since I've rarely seen him or his efforts in front of the scenes.

I think we'd be better off hiring someone off the street with the qualifications and experience. Someone who isn't a puppet perpetually under the influence of the Kool-Aid.

Initially, I wasn't a big fan of DB. I changed my mind only recently after meeting him and chatting with him. I think he was in the unfortunate position of inheriting a sh!t sandwich from Mr. Bowtie. Perhaps he was let go for not sharing the Flt Ops 'vision' of our megalomaniacal CEO (low wages/crappy benefits/cost-based revenue planning). In any case, I wish him luck. God knows we're going to need it.

JBPA said:
I think SG is a nice guy. However, I don't think that he is qualified, experience-wise or intellectually, to be the Flt Ops VP for a major airline. I can only assume that he does all these aforementioned great things behind the scenes since I've rarely seen him or his efforts in front of the scenes.

I think we'd be better off hiring someone off the street with the qualifications and experience. Someone who isn't a puppet perpetually under the influence of the Kool-Aid.

Initially, I wasn't a big fan of DB. I changed my mind only recently after meeting him and chatting with him. I think he was in the unfortunate position of inheriting a sh!t sandwich from Mr. Bowtie. Perhaps he was let go for not sharing the Flt Ops 'vision' of our megalomaniacal CEO (low wages/crappy benefits/cost-based revenue planning). In any case, I wish him luck. God knows we're going to need it.

Is the sky falling? Why did'nt I get the memo.

JBPA said:
... Perhaps he was let go for not sharing the Flt Ops 'vision' of our megalomaniacal CEO (low wages/crappy benefits/cost-based revenue planning).

I've worked with megalomaniacs and I don't believe David is one. I like the guy. I don't believe he is looking to sacrifice our well-being/morale/QOL to see his dream succeed. Here's where you tell me I'm just a new guy and I will come to see the evils of a corporation...etc. etc.

All I know is I love my job, I think our company is going to do well and I look forward to someday watching a football game in JetBlue Stadium. That's right I said it. Too bad my beloved Steelers already have a brand new stadium.

Last edited:
B6Driver said:
Fins up,

You're spot on and I agree with you and I've been in this biz a long time.

Glad to hear it. A little sensible optimism doesn't hurt from time to time.

Wow....could you imagine on new years day

"welcome to the 2007 JetBlue bowl"
Everyone else has a bowl, so why not us?

-sarcasm-

Longhorn said:
Wow....could you imagine on new years day

"welcome to the 2007 JetBlue bowl"
Everyone else has a bowl, so why not us?

-sarcasm-

Longhorn -- are you a jacka$$? You just practically invited JP4 to make a "cabin cleaning / toilet bowl" comment.

Nice. Go spread some ovaries on bp.com while you are at it.

Latest resources

Back