Jetblue: Bushy to depart

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BLUE BAYOU

Because I know all you Jetbluers are plugged into this site, Dave Bushy announced today that he'll be departing the fix-- what do you think? Forced out or seeking greener pastures?

Agreed...thanks

Its unlocked now and public with this press release:

JetBlue Names Scott Green Vice President -- Flight Operations

NEW YORK, Aug. 29, 2006 (PRIMEZONE) -- JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq:JBLU) today is pleased to announce the appointment of Captain Scott Green as Vice President, Flight Operations for the low-fare, low-cost airline, effective October 1. Capt. Green, an A320 captain and current System Chief Pilot for JetBlue, joined the airline in 2001 as a line pilot after eight years with Comair, a regional airline based in Cincinnati, OH. Capt. Green has also previously held the positions of Chief Pilot-Cincinnati for Comair, Assistant Chief Pilot and Chief Pilot-JFK within JetBlue.

"Scott's passion, intelligence and servant leadership will continue to serve JetBlue's over 1,500 pilot crewmembers and our company well as we grow JetBlue," said Dave Barger, JetBlue's President and Chief Operating Officer. Capt. Green will report to Mr. Barger.

Capt. Green will be responsible for the airline's pilot crewmember team, the safe and reliable operation of the fleet of JetBlue's Airbus A320 and Embraer E190 aircraft, and representing JetBlue as the airline's Director of Operations of record with the Federal Aviation Administration.

"I am honored to serve JetBlue's pilots in this new capacity," Capt. Green said. "I share JetBlue's values of collaboration and customer-focused service, and I look forward to working for and on behalf of JetBlue's pilots."

Capt. Green succeeds Dave Bushy, who will leave JetBlue effective October 1 to join Cape Air, a regional airline based in Hyannis, MA, as Chief Operating Officer. Capt. Bushy joined JetBlue in 2003 as Vice President, Flight Operations, following a 24-year career with Delta Air Lines, where he ultimately served as Senior Vice President of Flight Operations.

"We reluctantly say goodbye to Dave, and we wish him all the best in his new position with Cape Air," said Mr. Barger. "Dave was instrumental in further developing the Flight Operations team and leadership, positioning JetBlue to succeed as we grow our airline and route network. His passion for JetBlue's pilots is matched by his successor, and on behalf of JetBlue's crewmembers, we thank him for his great contributions to our company."

Was Capt Bushy coming up on his 60th?

Wow, jetBlue to Cape Air!!?? I can't see that as a career move one would have volunteered for.

Obviously our demise is close at hand.

Can you feel my sarcasm?

Sorry Tailhookah and Longhorn. I couldn't resist.

I could feel it....I dont want to feel it but yep....there it is. LOL

That 402 is a damn good airplane. And, it's American made; not that Euro Trash, third world crap you guys fly now.

:)

Latest resources

Back