• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bushy

Way2Broke said:
Is Bushy a known as a union buster?

Not among the Delta pilots. He was about as well respected as any VP/ops can be these days, given top-level micromanagement. Those who didn't like him changed their minds after he stood up for pilots once too often and was replaced. That happened to some base Chief Pilots too.

tomgoodman said:
Not among the Delta pilots. He was about as well respected as any VP/ops can be these days, given top-level micromanagement. Those who didn't like him changed their minds after he stood up for pilots once too often and was replaced. That happened to some base Chief Pilots too.

I agree. Bushy was forced out because he would not get involved in pilot negotiations/concessions. Kolshak (Bushy's replacement) was more than happy to assume this role. Last time I even cared to listen to JoKo was right after FMII furlough announcement. He told us in the lounge that we would just have to "get over it" about the pension guarantee payments for the top 30+ execs and defended the move because we had PBGC to fall back on. When he later began spewing about how FMII was justified, it was time to leave. Last I ever heard him speak.

On the other hand, Bushy was a good man who had pilot interests at heart, even in a thankless job like CP. He was far from a union buster. Conversly Kolshak should have gone with the rest of the "management team" that DAL paid big $ to retain but they all were forced out or quit anyway. At least Michelle Burns left a lasting legacy of same sex partner benefits. Sorry to get off the theme.

Ben

The reason I ask is the word on the street is that he was hired to fight the new union that was just voted in at Cape Air. One thing is for sure, this is a retirement job for him, as he already has a house on Cape Cod. The other concern at Cape Air is why are they spending so much money on a new COO (who knows what his price was, but I'm sure it was not cheap) when the company is top heavy as it is and they have been consistantly showing a loss. Were talking about 49 cessna 402s and some a handful of ATRs here. These are just concerns, as I am not privvy to knowing what is really going on.

Jetblue is a incredible company, with great people and forward thinking. It is hard for me to think that anyone that comes from there would not be the same.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back