Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue: Below average and it's going to stay that way.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
the FACT is that the market has changed DRASTICALLY in the last 8 years. Of course guys like you couldnt care less since it goes against the very entitlement mentality at the core of your being.

Entitlement mentality?

I am a professional airline pilot who cares for his crew and his customers. I care about operating the aircraft in a safe and efficient manner.

I expect that an employer would recognize this and compensate me accordingly. I'm not even asking for industry leading compensation, all I'm asking for is what the company told me to expect. This company expects me to go above and beyond on a regular basis. The JB pilot group is the most productive pilot group in the industry (reference the M.I.T. report from 2010). Yet, we are compensated (pay, benefits, work rules, retirement) below average. This is a fact.

I expect to be compensated as a professional. If the company can't do that then they'll actually get what they pay for and it will hurt them in the long run.

GP

Looking at the category lines for April, there were only a couple of line holders who had 13 days off. I would say the average was 15 days off between 80-85 of credit. What base and position are you looking at?

This month. How's it been for the last 2 years on a whole? If you've been here longer then that... you know the answer. If you've been here shorter than that... you have no idea what we've lost.

As for comparing Jetblue with Legacy pay rates - thats incorrect as both have very different cost bases and business models. Its like working at a budget hotel and asked to be paid at Four Seasons rates.

But comparing JetBlue with Legacy rates is precisely what JetBlue agreed to do. Here we are...still waiting for it. And what are we waiting for? Industry leading? Oh no....just average. It's all we've ever asked for and we're still waiting.

JetBlue Pilots...fighting for mediocrity since 2000.

Entitlement mentality?

I am a professional airline pilot who cares for his crew and his customers. I care about operating the aircraft in a safe and efficient manner.

I expect that an employer would recognize this and compensate me accordingly. I'm not even asking for industry leading compensation, all I'm asking for is what the company told me to expect.

GP

So is every other regional pilot, fractional pilot and CFI.

By the way Obama told you to expect an economic recovery and a thriving America where corporate greed would no longer be tolerated.
How's that working out?

But comparing JetBlue with Legacy rates is precisely what JetBlue agreed to do. Here we are...still waiting for it. And what are we waiting for? Industry leading? Oh no....just average. It's all we've ever asked for and we're still waiting.

JetBlue Pilots...fighting for mediocrity since 2000.

Jetblue has changed in case you didnt notice. The founder is gone, the market has changed and there is a new management team in place.

Deal with it or move on.

Jetblue has changed in case you didnt notice. The founder is gone, the market has changed and there is a new management team in place.

Deal with it or move on.

Yet still fighting for mediocracy since 2000.

The management team has changed yet the mentality has not. The leadership bonuses have increases yet the pilot budget has not. The charts don't lie. Try reading them sometime shon7.

Deal with it or move on.

How about NO?

Maybe jetblew should adapt to the realities of pilot pay and benefits.

The yearly CHANGE at jetblew is exactly WHY pilots need a contract.

Deal with THAT you little toad.

JetBlue:

Pay-decent
STD-expensive
LTD-abysmal
Quality of medical-horrid
Cost of medical-exorbitant
Medical on LTD-atrocious
Retirement-sub par
Vacation/sick time-mediocre
Merger protection-abominable
Scope-inadequate

Pilot group-apathetic!

When I first came to motherblue, pay was low but the schedules made it tolerable. My average schedule the first three years was 17 days off, 85-90 hours of pay, always commutable on either the front or back and sometimes on both. You can overlook a lot when you are banking 17 days off every month.

JetBlue lost this pilot group when some over zealous, boot licking, jackholes took a can of gas and a match to those schedules. 12-13 days off to get 78 hours is the norm now. Now we have a hole lot of free time sitting in hotels to get on web boards and complain.

That free time statement is more than you think. Ever see a SWA schedule, they don't have time to bitch. 3 day trips worth 20 hrs with 15 hr layovers so you have time for a beer and dinner and that's it. No 3hrs sits for sure. I think the management theory is work them to death and send them home and of course a nice pay check.

Latest resources

Back