Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue: Below average and it's going to stay that way.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So how does 8th year pay compare to everyone else? You can't, cause you'd be a freaking FO everywhere else. Try flying 70 hrs a month without 1.5.

An 8th FO at SWA makes some nice coin.

But isn't it interesting how you can't find a single malcontent at SWA?

Never could.

Genuine culture.

Genuine values.

Talk to an Airtran pilot and you'll certainly find your malcontent and I'm certain there are others on the SW side but I agree with your point.

Congratulations on trying to make a negative out of a positive once again! I wish I could collect a dollar for all the "probablies" you guys spin-- I'd be a millionaire!!!

Or if you had at least industry average retirement you'd be a millionaire when you retire without much effort. But you don't.

But what happened to my health plan and why am I paying industry leading premiums AND industry leading co-insurance AND industry leading deductibles for a plan that fights me for every single penny?

We have the WORST health plan in the industry.

Paste it on every thread.

This place has ZERO values and a made up culture.

It's all contrived.

Think the health plan i$ bad now, wait until 2013/2014.

The email said the company is looking at re-defining our peer set. Some of our "peers", one specifically mentioned in the email, have a premium pay of 125%. That is where that comes from.

It is a fact, as stated in the email, that the company is trying to determine the value of paying us premium pay. Why do you think that is? Are they going to determine that our premium pay is too low? I don't think so.

I made up no facts. The pay rate increase is set. Hurray for us. What is not set is what will happen with our peer set/industry-standard picture. Also, up for the chopping is our premium pay. It already got reduced once, remember?

I'm glad to hear you're pro-cba. I'm not one of those zealots who beat people over head and tell them how stupid they are if they are not a 'yes' vote (at least I don't think I am). But I have been at this company long enough to see the good and the bad of what leadership is going to offer.

It's just business right? It was just business to:
Do away with stock options for new-hires
Reduce or do away with (I don't remember anymore) the CSPP discount
Raise the premium trigger from 70 to 78, etc.

I love it! The premium trigger went into effect the same time as the 30% raise. Do the math, you're still ahead. Always with the negative Moriarity!!! When our airline is 40 years old like SWA, maybe we can start comparing apples with apples. We are an infant in the airline industry and are just getting our sea legs. You chose to come to an upstart, that is what we are. My friends who decided to fly American and a host of other legacies have had disrupted lives these last 12 years-- I'll take my not so perfect 12 years here over what my friends have experienced any day. As we move forward, there will be challenges, but you'll see for the most part, Jetblue has provided most of what we can ask for. If you truly want industry standards, then maybe the 190 guys/gals can then take a pay cut too...

That 30% raise brought us up from a serious deficit. Since we were the launch customer for the 190, there was no peer set. Other airlines set their 190 rates based on our original crappy scale. But go ahead and tell our 190 guys they're overpaid if you want.

If you truly want industry standards, then maybe the 190 guys/gals can then take a pay cut too...

No thank you. The 190 is not a regional jet, it's very similar to a DC-9 or 717 which have always been mainline jets. Just because every other jet that Embraer makes is an RJ, that doesn't make the 190 an RJ by association.

Boeing 717 - Max takeoff weight, 110,000, Typical seating 106-117
E190- Max takeoff weight 114,000, Typical seating 94-114
(As posted on Wikipedia)

Jetblue 5 yr FO/8 yr CA E190 = $82 / $136
Airtran 5 yr FO/8 yr CA 717 = $93 / $151

I know you feel superior to we small, single aisle, narrow body jet 190 pilots in your giant, er slightly less small, single aisle, narrow body A320, but I'll pass on the pay cut, thanks.

So how would you get raises if every airline went to an industry standard system?
Answer: nobody would.
By using "industry standard" you are guaranteeing that you will always be below the industry average since you look in the past to determine what that is. Kind of like separate but equal is inherently unequal. Industry average will always result in below average, unless everyone does it and all rates end up being the same for eternity.

Latest resources

Back