JetBlue anti-union rhetoric

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
From a unionized carrier post:

Bedford says they are "near the top of the payscale". Oh really Mr. Bedford? Then how do you explain the fact that a Captain at JetBlue flying an E-190 makes more money per hour then your captain, first officer, and 2 flights attendants combined do flying the EXACT same plane!? Oh wait, it's not the quite the exact same plane, your planes only have 99 seats instead of 100.... and remember why that is?... that's right, you had your maintenance works literally take a seat out of the plane just to sidestep the pilot's contract and force them to fly these planes for peanuts! Maybe it's time to pick up a book on business ethics

I can't wait for "industry standard".... and how management will fight us every step of the way during our initial contract negotiations-- AND THEY WILL!!!

Honestly, do you think you have industry standard pay and benefits?

"This clearly threatens our model," said Dave Barger, JetBlue's chief executive

translation: Management may not be able to stuff their pockets full with a union on the property - only 3/4 full.

I know your anti-ALPA but JB is NOT MDA...so please stop comparing. US Air sold MDA to Republic, ALPA did not screw you out of a job...

Congratulations ALPA drive organizers. Your JB management has now suspended our 5 amendments to our PEA contracts. These improvements were within weeks of being achieved and would have been additional items on the negotiating table for our first contract... Instead, ALPA filed at the worst possible time to the NMB.

This action has proved two things. One, that ALPA, before we are even members of the organization, has already screwed up for us. And two, that for those who think this JB management team will be amicable negotiators across the table from us, you're living in a dream world!!!

Congratulations ALPA drive organizers. Your JB management has now suspended our 5 amendments to our PEA contracts. These improvements were within weeks of being achieved and would have been additional items on the negotiating table for our first contract... Instead, ALPA filed at the worst possible time to the NMB.

This action has proved two things. One, that ALPA, before we are even members of the organization, has already screwed up for us. And two, that for those who think this JB management team will be amicable negotiators across the table from us, you're living in a dream world!!!

No this proves our management can and will do anything they want when they want to. What is the worst thing that could have happened? The company could have fixed the documents and given them to us. If the election failed then ALPA could try and protest the results. Instead our beloved benevolent dictators take the chicken doo doo way of doing things. Again jetBlue management has show their true colors and have proven to be the best advertisement for ALPA. Way to go Dave!

All due respect: What are you implying??? Alpa did this!!! You are essentially blaming ME and other JB Pilots ( I am on the OC) for the actions of the ELT to suspend the 5 Document goat rope! PLEASE................ Our Executive Leadership should be focusing on far bigger fish to fry than this campaign. Why don`t you BLAME our foolish and inept management for allowing this campaign to reach maturity. Barger and company had their opportunity to correct the issues presented to them. Take your gripes up with them, not your Jet Blue Comrades.

Wow. You really bought into Rob's email. The 5 docs would be a threat to a union drive? There is nothing they could or would do in any of the documents that will make me feel protected. Remember, the company is trying to argue that we can use contract protections collectively in one paragraph, but not in another. I'm not even a lawyer and I could rip that to shreds. I think I'm more afraid of company lawyers being on my side of the table than the other side.

Wow. You really bought into Rob's email. The 5 docs would be a threat to a union drive? There is nothing they could or would do in any of the documents that will make me feel protected. Remember, the company is trying to argue that we can use contract protections collectively in one paragraph, but not in another. I'm not even a lawyer and I could rip that to shreds. I think I'm more afraid of company lawyers being on my side of the table than the other side.

That's all ALPA has to offer; A false sense of security against outside forces they have no control over.

Last edited:
Wow . . . . the roaches really come out into the open, and scurry about wildly when they hear the dreaded cards start circulating. :laugh:

We had the same thing at AAI duing our ALPA vote. Guys who hadn't said "boo" since about 1989 were suddenly all over our message boards, predicting that if ALPA prevailed, every plague would descend upon us, from leeches to brimstone. :rolleyes:

Of course, none of it came true, and then they all scuttled back under their rocks and were never heard of again . . . . they had done their job, and appeased their puppetmasters.

That's all ALPA has to offer. A false sense of security against outside forces they have no control over.

Enlighten us. Almost 9 years of the direct relationship is enough! I've been ALPA twice before and hopefully a third time soon!

Enlighten us. Almost 9 years of the direct relationship is enough! I've been ALPA twice before and hopefully a third time soon!

This company, this industry, and even Dave himself don't owe me a thing! If this company fails, I fall to illness, or I screw up, it's my responsibility. ALPA will not save my job, or my career, nor do I expect them to. It's nobody's responsibility to take control of my future other than myself, therefore; I plan accordingly. ALPA is not some messiah that will save me from outside forces, and they've proven that in recent years with conccessionary contracts, continued outsourcing of flying, and bad merger outcomes. I don't blame ALPA for these things; however, I realize that they can't protect me from them any more than they protected USAir, Midwest, TWA...

Latest resources

Back