• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue anti-union rhetoric

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Perhaps you're just being a bit intellectually dishonest here.

If ALPA come on the property I will be FORCED to pay the dues, whether I want to or not.

No, you won't. Not unless you get a contract that everyone votes for that requires you to pay dues. Now, you'll be in bad standing if you don't pay, and I'm sure the rest of your fellow pilots will think of you as nothing short of scum, but that's your choice.

Former Airways huh? Let go of the anger, I look forward to hearing your wants and needs for a cba in the very near future. Please participate in the surveys you will receive.

Not former Airwayss. Trans States. I was witness to how engaged ALPA National was when TSA management brought 70 seat jets around despite of the scope language.

I remember Duane Woerth(less) distinctly telling us" YOU GUYS have a long fight ahead of you".

You guys. Not "We". Not "us". He used the phrase "you guys".

In other words, "Good luck. Let us know how it turns out."

Then he got on a plane and left, TSA management got around our scope and presto, GoJets was born.

Tell me again why I should vote for ALPA?

From experience, I trust Barger & Co more than I trust my "fellow pilots". Time and again it has been proven that most pilots will sell their own "brother" down the river.

ALPA's motto should be: "F-you. I got mine, you get yours and don't forget to pay your dues".

I remember Duane Woerth(less) distinctly telling us" YOU GUYS have a long fight ahead of you".

Here's the essential problem. You don't understand how ALPA works. National provides the support for the individual MECs. Its up to the local guys to make things happen. Its up to the individual MECs to negotiate contracts.

You seem to think that National is going to do it all FOR you.

Then he got on a plane and left, TSA management got around our scope and presto, GoJets was born.

Again, its because YOUR MEC dropped the ball. National has ZERO power to tell MECs what to do. All they can do is advise. Your local screws the pooch, its on YOU not National.

From experience, I trust Barger & Co more than I trust my "fellow pilots". Time and again it has been proven that most pilots will sell their own "brother" down the river.

Yeah. "I got mine." That works. NOT.

Pilots. We're our own worst enemy.

Not former Airwayss. Trans States. I was witness to how engaged ALPA National was when TSA management brought 70 seat jets around despite of the scope language.

You guys. Not "We". Not "us". He used the phrase "you guys".

ALPA's motto should be: "F-you. I got mine, you get yours and don't forget to pay your dues".

I was at TSA too. You aren't a TSA pilot anymore, pull your pants up and get over the anger. Are you served better with DR?

Mr. Bubble

I definately understand your anger regarding unions. Especially at the regional level. A union representing both a regional airline, and the airline that pays that regional IE (Airways, United, AMR) in the case of TSA. ALPA will only work for one airline. Guess who that will be. This situation is a bit different. How ever I am going to assume that you are a 4-5 year guy at JB since you were at TSA for the GOJETS problem. So you make between 100k-150k now. This being the case you will pay 2k-3k in uion dues a year. It comes down to wether you think ALPA will help you recupe your 3K a year over the course of a career. Personally if they help you keep your job just one time it is well worth the money. Or if they keep you from being stapled at the bottom of another list, it is money well spent. I personally hate unions, and the fact that they are sometimes needed. However it does seem in this industry the investment is worth it. I also hate car and medical insurance, but these are neccesities of life. I look at haveing a union in the same way. It sucks, but is neccesary.

I have a confession to make. I thought of ALPA being voted in, signing a contract with agency shop, Blue Bayou being forced to pay contract fees to ALPA...and I giggled a little. Sorry, not very manly, couldn't help it. I guess that makes me a bad person.

ALPA is coming to JetBlue, and real soon. Better start wrapping your little minds around that.

Latest resources

Back