• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue anti-union rhetoric

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I find it interesting that alpa filed with the NMB before the southwest/airtran sinlge list comes out. Tha would be a good indicator of there ability with mergers.

If we go to arbitration, there won't be a single list awarded until almost a year from now. I'm sure the JetBlue pilots have no desire to wait a year to get their own representation just to see how a list gets resolved at AirTran/Southwest.

I never doubted that you do, B6. My statements were not meant as a personal attack or an accusation.

It's obvious that you're very passionate about this election and I'm sure you have very good reasons why. I'm not at all ant-union, I'm just very skeptical of ALPA because of what I've seen in the past.

Fair enough my friend. I heard some very eloquent words once, the only thing worse than having ALPA as your union is not having ALPA as your union. Not a glowing endorsement by any measure but an in-house was tried once before. Looking at what happened at Air Tran is a good indicator of the probable success of an in house. Unfortunately our management is much more like Air Tran than WN. No offense to my Air Tran brothers. To each is own and it is doubtful any votes are gained on this message board.

our planes only have 99 seats instead of 100.... and remember why that is?... that's right, you had your maintenance works literally take a seat out of the plane just to sidestep the pilot's contract and force them to fly these planes for peanuts! [/COLOR]
FYI, and for the FA's CBA, too. And, on SEVERAL of the a/c, they didn't even take the physical seat OFF THE A/C! They simply removed the seatbelt and DEFERRED the seat!

Congratulations ALPA drive organizers. Your JB management has now suspended our 5 amendments to our PEA contracts. These improvements were within weeks of being achieved and would have been additional items on the negotiating table for our first contract... Instead, ALPA filed at the worst possible time to the NMB.

This action has proved two things. One, that ALPA, before we are even members of the organization, has already screwed up for us. And two, that for those who think this JB management team will be amicable negotiators across the table from us, you're living in a dream world!!!

REAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAALY!!

ah, man, you just waisted a whole chop stick full of orang chicken.
Please.... Please tell the rest of the world your just drunk or somthin?!?

The five documents.... wow, yea they didn't really know that all that stuff they shoveled at us was crap and we'd throw it back in a ball... no way man, the first version was intended to be pass with flying colors.

OH Yea! the above should have SARCASM written all over it just in case someone missed it.

I find it interesting that alpa filed with the NMB before the southwest/airtran sinlge list comes out. Tha would be a good indicator of there ability with mergers.

First, it's their, not there.
The ALPA filing was key to prevent further erosion of our Jetblue careers and to prevent a more difficult starting point when negotiations for a CBA begin. For example, the scope agreed to by the pro-management PVC members allowed Jetblue to purchase another airline and/or start an alter-ego airline, operate them separately while using our aircraft on our routes and ultimately discontinuing our employment. I would say furlough but as our PEA's do not contain furlough language our employment terms would not be renewed.
Do we expect Jetblue to do any of this, no, but if you put it into our PEA's the door is now open.

This is what ALPA got for Frontier Pilots recently:

According to the agreement worked out with their union leaders, the pilots agreed to accept delayed pay increases, reduced company contributions to their 401(k) plan, reduced vacation and sick days, and an extension of their collective bargaining agreement by two years.
In exchange, the pilots union would get "an equity stake in Frontier," Republic said in a filing Friday with the Securities and Exchange Commission. It did not say how large a stake.

Read more: Frontier Airlines agrees to give pilots an ownership stake | Kansas City Business Journal

LOL, wait a minute, ALPA is only a group of advisors. It was the local reps that sold them out, LOL... The JBLU PVC was within reach of our 5 documents being sent to pilots for a vote-- provisions that were going to improve our contracts and possibly the strongest M & A language out there. But no, ALPA steps in and blows it down the tubes. Good job guys! Oh yeah, in a letter to our pilots, our JAOC explains how we're on a "road to a new way of labor relationship"-- really? We go ALPA, we go down the old road guys, the proven disfunctional way of labor... Come on, stop blowing that smoke!!!

According to the agreement worked out with their union leaders, the pilots agreed to accept delayed pay increases, reduced company contributions to their 401(k) plan, reduced vacation and sick days, and an extension of their collective bargaining agreement by two years.
In exchange, the pilots union would get "an equity stake in Frontier," Republic said in a filing Friday with the Securities and Exchange Commission. It did not say how large a stake.

Read more: Frontier Airlines agrees to give pilots an ownership stake | Kansas City Business Journal

LOL, wait a minute, ALPA is only a group of advisors. It was the local reps that sold them out, LOL... The JBLU PVC was within reach of our 5 documents being sent to pilots for a vote-- provisions that were going to improve our contracts and possibly the strongest M & A language out there. But no, ALPA steps in and blows it down the tubes. Good job guys! Oh yeah, in a letter to our pilots, our JAOC explains how we're on a "road to a new way of labor relationship"-- really? We go ALPA, we go down the old road guys, the proven disfunctional way of labor... Come on, stop blowing that smoke!!!

You realize that Frontier Pilots are not represented by ALPA right?:confused:

OMG! Dude you must put down the pipe or the bottle or whatever it is.

Frontier uses an in-house union... NOT ALPA.:smash:

Latest resources

Back