• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue & American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well that was quick right after Jetblue switching over to Sabre.

I'm sure this all just came up in the last like two weeks or so. Seems like a good deal so they jumped on it before SWA or RAH could get it...

From Page 2 of Jetwire:

To bring the customer experience on Jet Blue more in line with expectations of customers at AA, those buying a code-share ticket will be given special seats on Jet Blue aircraft.

These seats will have the common 30" pitch, be slightly narrower and have the Direct TV disabled. Additionally, Jet Blue Flight Attendants will attend special training at the American Flight Academy in Fort Worth, TX to bring their service to the level of that experienced by AA customers. If Jet Blue Flight Attendants with this special training are not available on a given flight, the regular Jet Blue Flight Attendants will just be shocked repeatedly with a cattle prod and be sprayed with lav truck efflux prior to the flight. That will allow them to approximate the attitude of AA Flight Attendants.

:rolleyes:
TC

I can't believe both the JetBlue and American pilots aren't hopping mad about this. No way I would be "sounds like a good deal to me" with seeing another airlines pilots fly MY customers around.

But what do I know. I'm "just a Southwest pilot."

Gup

I can't believe both the JetBlue and American pilots aren't hopping mad about this. No way I would be "sounds like a good deal to me" with seeing another airlines pilots fly MY customers around.

But what do I know. I'm "just a Southwest pilot."

Gup

What can a JB pilot do? And AA guys are so pissed off anyway. For AA pilots the company adding heat to boiling water does not raise the waters' temperature. It has already steamed over

Last edited:
JetBlue pilots are hopping mad. The ones without our heads in the sand, that is. What can we do? Tell the PVC we really, really don't like it, and watch them ignore our emails (just like with the FSM). Then send our info to ALPA...

ALL RJ flying belongs to AE!!!

I guess then, that it is a good thing B6 has no RJs.

However, as I have previously said, it is an odd combination and as someone else has said, as long as Jetblue has no union, the voice if the pilots is the management wannabe's on the PVC. I am sure this has the blessings from our head of the PVC.

Sounds like most of you guys don't truly understand an interline agreement.

It's practically an industry standard offering between airlines. Jetblue was unique that it did not offer one. Adding to the limited agreements with Aer Lingus, Cape Air and Lufthansa... this small (for now) interline agreement and slot swap is not the end of the world.

That doesn't mean that the scope issue shouldn't be tightened up.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back