• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Fuel Prices WILL Be Climbing A LOT, and Soon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You thought we'd be at $60/barrel right now.....

It only reached 150% higher than your prediction!

We'll see where it ends up. In the end, it'll be a hell of a lot closer to my original prediction than your $300/bbl number, you can count on that. Look at the oil price history if you want to see where we're headed. What we've just experienced is exactly the same as the run-up from 1973-1980. Oil prices went up nearly 800% during this period! And then it all came tumbling down when everyone realized that guys like you were wrong (Yes, there were guys saying the exact same things as you back then, too. In fact, some of them are the exact same people!). Within six years, oil prices dropped 62%! If we have a similar correction again, then our oil prices will be back down in the $50s/bbl. Learn from history. Bubbles are all the same.

Everyone look at this chart and it will tell you why the price of oil has risen the last few years:

NET OIL EXPORTS CHART of the 20 largest exporters of oil- Oil available to the importers like the USA/CHINA.

Since 2005 the world importers have had less and less oil available to them.

THESE ARE FUNDAMENTALS PCL!!!!!!!!!!!! OPEN YOUR EYES!....

Last edited:
You only reach peak oil for the world once......

People (the same people, in many cases) were saying the exact same thing in the mid '70s.

Wonder what PCL did to get a FI vacation?

Either way, I've been saying this for months. Oil peak near $150 at 4th of July, drop down to around $100-110 by late Fall and stay there for a while to come.

Just hope my prediction continues to be accurate, for all our sakes. :(

Energy Stocks have just hit bottom.
The Energy Stock Index($OIX) is down 20% from its highs and just bounced off a trendline that has been in effect since 2003.

Even when crude oil continues its slide down to around $110 energy stocks are going to start consolidating for the next run up.

2 steps forward. 1 step back. This step back is over.

Energy stocks right now are a bargain! They're equal to year ago levels right now!

Please, I beg you guys to diversify some of your money out of regular US stocks and bonds. You should in my opinion put a LOT of your money in energy and also in precious metals or other commodities.

At least be more heavily in FOREIGN stocks if you are against holding energy and other commodity funds.

I put a lot of work into this below:

The Top Energy Mutual Funds ranked by 1 Year Return according to Morningstar:

BlackRock Global Resource
Dreyfus Premier Natural Resource
Van Eck Global Hard Asset
AIM Energy A
Jennison Natural Resource
Columbia Energy & Nat Resource
Rydex Energy Services A
Aberdeen Natural Resource
Fidelity Select Natural Resource
Guinness Atkinson Global Energy
Fidelity Select Energy
Franklin Natural Resource
Morgan Stanley Natural Resource
T. Rowe Price New Era
RS Global Natural Resource
ING Global Resources I
ICON Energy

These funds include stocks such as Exxon, Valero, Peabody, etc. The company stocks held by the funds are from companies involded in oil, coal, natural gas, oil shale, refining, etc.

There are probably a 100 more energy mutual funds. These are just the best according to the criteria I searched on the morningstar fund search tool.

Click on a link to an energy mutual fund above to see what stocks it holds, the contact information for the fund, its performance over the year/3 years/etc. at Morningstar.

Maybe transfer some of your Roth IRA's into one of these or your 401(k). My company has the Fidelity Select Natural Resource fund in the 401(k)....

Of course there was a bust in energy and precious metals in the 1970's. There will be this time too but its at least 5 years off right now. There will be a time to sell......

To diversify is smart!

PLEASE. I want to feel like I'm helping someone! :)

Jet

Last edited:
Last edited:
Outside of your 401k there is the XLE ETF. Down to around 77 after reaching a high of 91 earlier this year.

Latest resources

Back