Jet Fuel Prices WILL Be Climbing A LOT, and Soon

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WARNING: PURE SPECULATION:

I've said repeatedly in this thread that I thought war with Iran was the likely scenario that would BE BLAMED for forcing oil prices higher this summer. I think it will come before the end of APRIL.

The world is past peak oil.

This happened in August of 2006 and world oil production has been declining since. Saudi's oil production has been declining since late 2004. The warmest winter in recorded history reducing demand for heating oil and the drawing down of global inventories at record levels has kept shortages from being seen.

The oil inventory drawdowns are making energy analysts nervous and there are calls for OPEC to increase production. It will not be able to increase more than a few hundred thousand barrels a day. Not enough for the oil thirsty summer driving season.

The U.S. and Saudi Arabian governments both have interests in keeping global peak oil secret. Saudi definitely doesn't want the world to know their oil production is declining fast. The U.S. can't let oil be looked on as a motive for Middle East military action.

The "War with Iran" will cause the Straits of Hormuz to be shut for a while hindering oil tanker traffic which will give Saudi Arabia their "EXCUSE" as to why they can't get their oil to market even though they want to. You may even see a stray missle from Iran "DAMAGE" some of the Saudi oil infrastructure.

Russian intelligence leaks are saying that April 6th, Good Friday, and the anniversary of the beginning of WWI, is the day that "War with Iran" will begin:
http://infidelsarecool.com/2007/03/...ce-us-attack-on-iran-planned-for-early-april/
I doubt that will be the day, but I'm sure it will be in the next few months.

Iran holding the British soldiers gives perfect cover for the U.S. to look like the good guys in going into Iran.

Blair is now saying that the hostage situation will enter a new phase if they are not returned.
Link BBC

From Russia News and Info:
Russia says US military building up along Iranian border:
MOSCOW, March 27 (RIA Novosti) - Russian military intelligence services are reporting a flurry of activity by U.S. Armed Forces near Iran's borders, a high-ranking security source said Tuesday.

"The latest military intelligence data point to heightened U.S. military preparations for both an air and ground operation against Iran," the official said, adding that the Pentagon has probably not yet made a final decision as to when an attack will be launched.

He said the Pentagon is looking for a way to deliver a strike against Iran "that would enable the Americans to bring the country to its knees at minimal cost."

He also said the U.S. Naval presence in the Persian Gulf has for the first time in the past four years reached the level that existed shortly before the invasion of Iraq in March 2003.

Col.-Gen. Leonid Ivashov, vice president of the Academy of Geopolitical Sciences, said last week that the Pentagon is planning to deliver a massive air strike on Iran's military infrastructure in the near future.

A new U.S. carrier battle group has been dispatched to the Gulf.

The USS John C. Stennis, with a crew of 3,200 and around 80 fixed-wing aircraft, including F/A-18 Hornet and Superhornet fighter-bombers, eight support ships and four nuclear submarines are heading for the Gulf, where a similar group led by the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower has been deployed since December 2006.

The U.S. is also sending Patriot anti-missile systems to the region.
I would not doubt the use of bunker-buster nuclear weapons on hardened underground nuclear facilities in Iran. This will be a statement from the Bush administration that they have no limits and do not want to be interfered with in their actions in the Middle East.

The world is changing. The most important natural resource on the planet is depleting and the governments of the world are positioning themselves for a post-peak oil world. There will be a lot of war. Iran is the beginning.

It's not too late to fill that gas tank or fill your money in precious metal or energy financial instruments!
Jet

Last edited:
US Govt GAO REPORT ON PEAK OIL to be released

Published on 28 Mar 2007 by Energy Bulletin. Archived on 28 Mar 2007.
GAO report on peak oil to be released

by Lisa Wright

Washington, DC -- Congressmen Roscoe Bartlett (R-MD) and Tom Udall (D-NM), co-chairmen of the Congressional Peak Oil Caucus, announce a Capitol Hill news conference on Thursday, March 29, 2007 between 11:30 am and 12:00 noon in HC-9 of the Capitol to discuss the release of an embargoed GAO report.

The report will reveal the United States is particularly vulnerable and the United States federal government is unprepared to respond to severe consequences from an increasing risk of significant disruptions to world oil supplies from peak oil and other above ground political and economic factors.

When: Thursday, March 29, 2007
Where: HC-9, Capitol
Time: 11:30 am -12:00 noon

Members of Congress participating in the Capitol Hill news conference:

Rep. Roscoe Bartlett (R-MD), co-chair, Congressional Peak Oil Caucus

Rep. Tom Udall (D-NM), co-chair, Congressional Peak Oil Caucus

Other news conference participant speaker:

Mark E. Gaffigan, Acting Director, Natural Resources & Environment Team

U.S. Government Accountability Office

Will the world finally wake up and start getting serious about alternatives to oil?

Will we finally start reducing our dependence on foreign oil?

I pray it is so......

Or will this report be buried like the U.S. Govt. DOE Report on Peak Oil and the Army Corp of Engineer Study on Peak Oil? I bet it will for "national security reasons".

Jet

Last edited:
The U.S. Govt. GAO REPORT ON PEAK OIL is titled:
"CRUDE OIL: Uncertainty about Future Oil Supply Makes It Important to Develop a Strategy for Addressing a Peak and Decline in Oil Production"

Supposedly Republican Congressman Roscoe Bartlett gave a copy to EVWORLD.
It can be found at this link:
http://www.evworld.com/library/gao_peakoil.pdf

I'm starting to read it now......
Jet

A great summary of the GAO study can be found here by the energybulletin:
GAO: U.S. Needs a Peak Oil Strategy

I'm actually disappointed in this study. It basically just says:
--We don't know when peak oil will be. It could be now until 2040.
--The U.S. is not prepared if peak oil occurred now and economic hardship would almost be certain.
--Alternatives to oil are not ready and will take a lot of time to expand.

They basically just say to the U.S. Govt.: Do more research into this because it's dang important!

Conclusions from the GAO REPORT:
.The prospect of a peak in oil production presents problems of global proportion whose consequences will depend critically on our preparedness. The consequences would be most dire if a peak occurred soon, without warning, and were followed by a sharp decline in oil production because alternative energy sources, particularly for transportation, are not yet available in large quantities. Such a peak would require sharp reductions in oil consumption, and the competition for increasingly scarce energy would drive up prices, possibly to unprecedented levels, causing severe economic damage. While these consequences would be felt globally, the United States, as the largest consumer of oil and one of the nations most heavily dependent on oil for transportation, may be especially vulnerable among the industrialized nations of the world.

What GAO Recommends for Peak Oil:
To better prepare for a peak in oil production, GAO recommends that the Secretary of Energy work with other agencies to establish a strategy to coordinate and prioritize federal agency efforts to reduce uncertainty about the likely timing of a peak and to advise Congress on how best to mitigate consequences. In commenting on a draft of the report, the Departments of Energy and the Interior generally agreed with the report and recommendations.​

Interesting new study I'll have to look forward to talked about in the GAO study:
In addition, in response to growing peak oil concerns, DOE asked the National Petroleum Council to study peak oil issues. The study is expected to be completed by June 2007.

Well I hope the government starts to take it seriously. I doubt it though.

Like T.Boone Pickens said this morning on CNBC the world is at peak oil and will never go above 85 MBD again. We're already past peak oil and the government won't start taking it seriously until the prices start to really, really elevate and there are shortages.

Jet​

Last edited:
Skifishfly,

2 billion barrels. That will last the world 23 days....

Plus it won't be on the market for 5-10 years.

Not fast enough to save us this summer if Saudi is past their peak oil like everyone is coming to believe and that they won't be able to increase their oil production this summer.

Global inventories are dropping at record rates right now because oil production is too low for even this slow demand season. Wait till the summer, or like I think when Iran gets hit in the next month or two.

Jet

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back