• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue Pilots Files with N.M.B. for ALPA Representation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whats to stop that under our current working conditions? You have no idea the company has proposed a " scope clause: that allows the company to create or buy a alter-ego carrier with 78 seats or less. 78 seats umm maybe a E-170 vs. the E-190? Right now they could sell off the E-190 and the crews to anyone they feel like. ( ie Republic, Trans States, Eagle). They can do this because there is no senority protection, in a transacation or a furlough. Yeah we have a furlough protection clause, good luck trying to collect if they choose to change the game. No recourse at all.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not telling you to not unionize - I'm just saying an in-house would be way way better than ALPA, just look at their track record when it comes to outsourcing.

Are you stupid? Do you know anything about the whole MDA deal? I took my own job when it was sold to Rep.

Correct me where I might be wrong:

MDA "Mid Atlantic" never even had an operating certificate and was using the U.S. Airways operating certificate. The pilots didn't even realize this was occuring. Therefore, the judge said it was an asset sale instead of an airline acquisition. Didn't the Mid Atlantic pilots have recall rights to U.S. Airways when it was all said and done, but they would have to start from the bottom if they wanted to go to Republic.

Brief, pithy and absolutely correct.

It even has a "wisdom of the ages" feel to it which is especially hard to achieve in 46 words when three of those words are "Tequila, Tijuana and Hookers."

Unfortunately, I only told a small part of the story.

You have the earned luxury of SWAPA. A highly effective union that is blessed with management that wants something highly unusual; Peace and prosperity. I'm under no illusions that I know the whole story. Nor do I believe it's all sweetness and light. But .... Your situation is unique.

Unfortunately JetBlue pilots have no choice. An internal union will either fail or be ineffective for a decade. The financial burdon alone is almost untenable. Sadly, ALPA is their only immediate viable alternative. I truly hope they'll prosper.

I'll take SWAPA any day. Once they're finished with the veiled threats and free alcohol. It's a very confusing combination. :)

So, isn't using the term "invite ALPA on property", isn't that akin to using their "distress word" so shouldn't the authorities be called to try and rescue someone who is being held hostage?

ALPA and RJ's; go together like Tequila, Tijuana and hookers. It's not good for you, you'll feel dirty and ashamed. It's the way of the world.

When you say "It won't happen to us". Count the ALPA Major airlines that don't outsource their flying.

Finished yet ?

So your saying that ALPA is the reason that these major airlines outsource the flying, or would it be possible that ALPA came on the property BECAUSE these companies were outsourcing, or attempting to outsource the flying?

Don't get me wrong - I'm not telling you to not unionize - I'm just saying an in-house would be way way better than ALPA, just look at their track record when it comes to outsourcing.

Agree, ALPA sells fear and is way past its usefulness.

Its sorta like Kit Darby and the hysteria he is able to generate over fear of never being hired by a major. KD and ALPA are has beens and there are much better alternatives now.

So your saying that ALPA is the reason that these major airlines outsource the flying, or would it be possible that ALPA came on the property BECAUSE these companies were outsourcing, or attempting to outsource the flying?
ALPA and the company are like Dems and Repubs who pretend to fight each other so that the citizens can gravitate to one or the other to be protected, at a fee of course.

How many ALPA dues ever got a return on investment? Opinions of Rez and PCL don't count.:D

ALPA and the company are like Dems and Repubs who pretend to fight each other so that the citizens can gravitate to one or the other to be protected, at a fee of course.

How many ALPA dues ever got a return on investment? Opinions of Rez and PCL don't count.:D

Alpa finally got AT a much improved contract.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back