• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue Pilots Files with N.M.B. for ALPA Representation

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you blaming ALPA for wanting back efficiency protections in their contract that we enjoy?

Hey waveflyer prior to 9/11 no pilot at any ALPA carrier wanted efficiency ! they wanted max pay for no work until the last day !.......thats a fact just look at the old book bag stickers ect......those guys sold their souls to get on one of the big ALPA carriers and as soon as they got on they start playing with matches and gasoline trying to burn the company house down all the while they are out looking or a frozen yogurt franchise.

When company management would not play ball then the pilots threw fits, started dragging their feet on the job, flying slow, taxing slow and you know the rest of the story, until the house fell down around them.

Then they blame it all......100% on management its never the fact that the company is full of pilots that wont fly but demand CEO pay WTFO

If Jet Blue goes ALPA it will be the beginning of the end for Jet Blue. ALPA has never delivered on what they tell the pilot group they can do for them. Look around you show me where ALPA has come thru for the pilot group.

Like I said OUTLAW ALPA save your job and the industry

Ummm, wait, where is ALOHA nowadays???

You didn't read what I wrote did you! LOL, I'm not that good a writer so your excused.
Again, ALPA had nothing to do with Aloha's demise, absolutely nothing. Their end was clearly 100% the result of poor decisions by management and predatory pricing by Mesa/Go. AQ ALPA worked with the company to try and survive and they actually had a good relation with each other (management and ALPA). Clearly they couldn't have been saved no mater what ALPA did, but as they circled the drain, the end was much better than if they had not had ALPA.
Proof is in what happened with Aloha's air cargo division. That's all that is left of Aloha and by all accounts it is a terrible place to work because they no longer have an ALPA contract. It isn't doing any better financially than when they were ALPA, but the working conditions have become terrible.

Blue, Frontier is not ALPA, they are the Frontier Airline Pilots Association, an independent union. Nice try though.

I also believe, when talking about Aloha, that he is talking about what ALPA did for them to try and keep their jobs and even after their jobs were gone.

Thanks and you are right.
Hawaiian and Hawaiian ALPA have done a lot and we have hired many of their pilots to say the least. They are legendary as to how well they have fit in and the skills they are bringing to Hawaiian. We have a pretty ambitious expansion planned and they bring a lot of talent to the seniority list. The earlier hires are getting close to Captain, and we have ex AQ in our flight division management team already that are contributing a lot to the mutual benefit of the company and the pilot group.

BB,

Like it has already been mentioned, Frontier is not ALPA. Most pilots actually involved in this profession are aware of that, you are not, which begs the question, what else are you utterly clueless about?

Why don't you crack open the PCRB report of yore and take a close look, take a look at the MIT airline report, then you'll see that based on your stellar productivity, you are underpaid.

But what union is Republic (ALPA), the one that bought Frontier? Aren't they integrated yet? What have they been doing all this time? Better yet, what did ALPA do for Midwest Airlines' Pilots, where are they now???

But what union is Republic (ALPA), the one that bought Frontier? Aren't they integrated yet? What have they been doing all this time? Better yet, what did ALPA do for Midwest Airlines' Pilots, where are they now???

ALPA didn't stop me from marrying my first wife either......guess what, it's not their fault. They are not some kind of all knowing perfect job protection entity. They can't save an airline from poor management.

Were do you think you would be if Republic bought JetBlue? Better off without ALPA?

Once again, you are off the mark, Replubic is represented by the IBT, commonly known as the Teamsters.

Midwest Airlines is no longer, well, at least not the one I know, but there is a Midwest Branded airline.

Part of their problem, they, according to rumour, traded pay against scope, a scenario that should sound very familiar to you. Do educate us neophytes about what the 5 documents allows jetblue to do? Alter ego flying, holding company, outsourcing of ASM!

The problem is BB, you are so far out of your league, you don't comprehend what is going on or what is on the horizon. I don't say this to be mean or to act like a jerk, heck I'll buy the first round for you, probably even the second.

I may be wrong, hopefully you'll correct me if I am, but you do sound like this is your first airline rodeo?

Last edited:
I may be wrong, hopefully you'll correct me if I am, but you do sound like this is your first airline rodeo?

Yep...and he's retired military and top 5%. And he doesn't want to hear about our gate agent/ramper retirement and health insurance....he's all set. To hell with the rest of us.

It's the hubris that drives me nuts...the ignorance driven by such arrogance. It's guys like this that have cost us so much over the years and will continue to do so.

I flew with one of our anti-ALPA PVC members the day the Blessed Documents came out and he proceeded to lecture me about how I will never get a vote again if we vote in ALPA. He told me how the MEC would vote on any CBA in the future. He got kinda quiet after I gently corrected him. And this is who is "representing" my family's needs to the company? Enough is enough.

I have an open mind and open ears....but I have ZERO patience for ignorance...especially ignorance bred from arrogance. I just don't have the time anymore....

Onward...

Latest resources

Back