Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sligo1

Jet Blue Pilots File with N.M.B. for ALPA Representation

ALPA finally filed with the National Mediation Board this p.m. Now its up to J.B. pilots to choose their destiny.

Last edited:
ALPA and RJ's; go together like Tequila, Tijuana and hookers. It's not good for you, you'll feel dirty and ashamed. It's the way of the world.

When you say "It won't happen to us". Count the ALPA Major airlines that don't outsource their flying.

Finished yet ?

Last edited:
You try working under a " Direct Relationship", that points one way-towards management. This type of collaboration has been tried and tried again. We tried the in house route with plenty of help from SWAPA and APA. Now it is time to regain what has been lost over time. ALPA has the resources and benefits. Not perfect by any means, but when you can be minupulated like a pawn in a chess game ( Direct Relationship), you have to go on the defensive. We know all the pitfalls, but it far outweighs our current situation.

ALPA and RJ's; go together like Tequila, Tijuana and hookers. It's not good for you, you'll feel dirty and ashamed. It's the way of the world.

When you say "It won't happen to us". Count the ALPA Major airlines that don't outsource their flying.

Finished yet ?

Brief, pithy and absolutely correct.

It even has a "wisdom of the ages" feel to it which is especially hard to achieve in 46 words when three of those words are "Tequila, Tijuana and Hookers."

You try working under a " Direct Relationship", that points one way-towards management.

Yeah but under ALPA you will not be working at all and you will have to interview at Rep to fly the same jet (not same type of jet, I mean the exact same jet/metal/n number) - like as in leave some crumbs on the cockpit floor on your last JB trip and a month later (after a quickie indoc/sim at Republic/Mesa ect.) you'll be able to find the same crumbs only the aircraft registration card behind your head will have JB crossed out and Republic penned in.

I speak from my own experience.

Yeah but under ALPA you will not be working at all and you will have to interview at Rep to fly the same jet (not same type of jet, I mean the exact same jet/metal/n number) - like as in leave some crumbs on the cockpit floor on your last JB trip and a month later (after a quickie indoc/sim at Republic/Mesa ect.) you'll be able to find the same crumbs only the aircraft registration card behind your head will have JB crossed out and Republic penned in.

I speak from my own experience.

Whats to stop that under our current working conditions? You have no idea the company has proposed a " scope clause: that allows the company to create or buy a alter-ego carrier with 78 seats or less. 78 seats umm maybe a E-170 vs. the E-190? Right now they could sell off the E-190 and the crews to anyone they feel like. ( ie Republic, Trans States, Eagle). They can do this because there is no senority protection, in a transacation or a furlough. Yeah we have a furlough protection clause, good luck trying to collect if they choose to change the game. No recourse at all.

Latest resources

Back