• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue open house

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and I guess it makes you feel better to point that out on a public forum?? Maybe you can use that info about your uncle to your advantage the next time you refuse to help get clean the plane during a turn?

" Huge Disconnect " with your posts? No I dont think so it is more than obvious to me that you are a true piece of work..

I dont think you "objectively " represent anything about JB other than your unrelenting hatred of "your" current situation. Your mid 1200's here yet your upgrade is going to take another 5 years?

#950 or so just upgraded to bus capt.. lets say that puts about 300 guys between you..

even if we average only 10 upgrades per month with no account for attrition or resignations your at 30 months or 2.5 years

Please anybody that is considering JB please put the Chef on your ignore list

Bus captain went at 932 or 934. Many pilots bypassed as well so for guys in the 1200 range it will still be several years. Closer to 4 or 5 than to 2.5. Don't forget we also have all the 190 guys who will bid over when the fence comes down. So guys in the right seat have the unproductive 190 and its "industry standard" wages to look foward to or simply remain in the right seat of either airplane with its "industry standard" wages.

In keeping with the "industry standard" theme our retirement is not. Contrary to a previous post keeping 5% till the end of the year is not standard among the industry. The percentage we will lose each month in investable income amounts to several hundred thousand dollars over the course of a career. For some reason Jetblue thought this was a great idea which would help stem the tide of pilots leaving.

Our pay, contrary to a previous post, is not industry standard even with the pay increase. Our pay can only be considered average if we fly exactly 83 hours per month. If you fly less then you make substantialy less. Our benefits are only better than 4 carriers.

A benefit we do have is pref bidding. It does make a difference when building a schedule. Lastly, our leadership is very open and willing to admit mistakes. Conversely they make a tremendous amount of mistakes and the company suffers financialy because of it.

and I guess it makes you feel better to point that out on a public forum?? Maybe you can use that info about your uncle to your advantage the next time you refuse to help get clean the plane during a turn?

" Huge Disconnect " with your posts? No I dont think so it is more than obvious to me that you are a true piece of work..

I dont think you "objectively " represent anything about JB other than your unrelenting hatred of "your" current situation. Your mid 1200's here yet your upgrade is going to take another 5 years?

#950 or so just upgraded to bus capt.. lets say that puts about 300 guys between you..

even if we average only 10 upgrades per month with no account for attrition or resignations your at 30 months or 2.5 years

Please anybody that is considering JB please put the Chef on your ignore list

Spot on target....................Very true!

Bus captain went at 932 or 934. Many pilots bypassed as well so for guys in the 1200 range it will still be several years. Closer to 4 or 5 than to 2.5. Don't forget we also have all the 190 guys who will bid over when the fence comes down. So guys in the right seat have the unproductive 190 and its "industry standard" wages to look foward to or simply remain in the right seat of either airplane with its "industry standard" wages.

In keeping with the "industry standard" theme our retirement is not. Contrary to a previous post keeping 5% till the end of the year is not standard among the industry. The percentage we will lose each month in investable income amounts to several hundred thousand dollars over the course of a career. For some reason Jetblue thought this was a great idea which would help stem the tide of pilots leaving.

Our pay, contrary to a previous post, is not industry standard even with the pay increase. Our pay can only be considered average if we fly exactly 83 hours per month. If you fly less then you make substantialy less. Our benefits are only better than 4 carriers.

A benefit we do have is pref bidding. It does make a difference when building a schedule. Lastly, our leadership is very open and willing to admit mistakes. Conversely they make a tremendous amount of mistakes and the company suffers financialy because of it.

Yawn.......

Here's an opinion from the average Joe. I enjoy the job at JetBlue, the pay is OK. Not great, but OK. Has a way to go yet.

The commute to NY is wearing me down. That has been the worst part of working at JB. Not their fault, it's my decision to commute, I know that.

Just had a bid award come out today. Folks 350 numbers from the bottom of the list are getting 190 Capt upgrades.

For a place 7 years old, I think we are doing pretty good, but JB has still some maturing to go thru. We still are thinking like a baby airline at times.

Just a few thoughts.

Thanks for the thoughts DW.....
I'm victim of the commuting as well..... anyway you slice it commuting sucks.
Especially when you have to come up the day before and/or go home the day after. I heard that while on reserve they (JB) tend to work w/ commuters a little as far as letting you slide out early on the last day, etc?

stupid double posting holiday inn computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry....................

Last edited:
Here's an opinion from the average Joe. I enjoy the job at JetBlue, the pay is OK. Not great, but OK. Has a way to go yet.

The commute to NY is wearing me down. That has been the worst part of working at JB. Not their fault, it's my decision to commute, I know that.

Just had a bid award come out today. Folks 350 numbers from the bottom of the list are getting 190 Capt upgrades.

For a place 7 years old, I think we are doing pretty good, but JB has still some maturing to go thru. We still are thinking like a baby airline at times.

Just a few thoughts.

Thanks for the thoughts DW.....
I'm victim of the commuting as well..... anyway you slice it commuting sucks.
Especially when you have to come up the day before and/or go home the day after. I heard that while on reserve they (JB) tend to work w/ commuters a little as far as letting you slide out early on the last day, etc? Hope theres some truth to that.

Then you best go to swa and sit in the right seat for 7-9 years, I know that would be a choice that you could make and you would be making more money too, so what are you and chef waiting for?

Life could be so much worse, you could be homeless and broke begging for change at your local intersection. Life is what you make of it and complaining just makes you uninteresting to those of us who see the brighter side of life. But wait I am looking through my ruby red glasses?!:eek:

Last edited:
What an A$$hole.........

Cooge I have been called worse!! My point was that Chef states he will take first available upgrade and if reserve is running 17 months or longer he will be the first one to log onto this site and say something stupid like"

" Go back and look at my posts I used to be a 100% jetblue juice guy but since they have junior assigned me to 2 years of reserve yada yada.........

Hey, about hiring- I interviewed there in 2000, no offer.
Went to an Open House a few months ago, no interview invitation.
Am told I interview well, but I do not have degree(working on it-ex-military)
Plenty of 121 PIC
Should I attend this month and try to ask a screener to give me an explanation, or tell me to look elsewhere....

Anything is better than this nwa regional position..... Thanks!

Latest resources

Back