• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue open house

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Regarding the good bad and the ugly @ JB.........I think those of us considering JB need to hear the good and the bad from the avg. joe on the line. We can then make a better choice if we are lucky enough to receive an offer for employment...... So far from what I've read and what a half dozen of my friends there (@JB) tell me it ain't perfect but it sure as heck beats my current gig............ those (even though they are flat) stock options would have been nice though,just in case........

Here's an opinion from the average Joe. I enjoy the job at JetBlue, the pay is OK. Not great, but OK. Has a way to go yet.

The commute to NY is wearing me down. That has been the worst part of working at JB. Not their fault, it's my decision to commute, I know that.

Just had a bid award come out today. Folks 350 numbers from the bottom of the list are getting 190 Capt upgrades.

For a place 7 years old, I think we are doing pretty good, but JB has still some maturing to go thru. We still are thinking like a baby airline at times.

Just a few thoughts.

This needs to be explained. The 5% that goes into a "retirement" account is based on 5% of your gross credit pay.......correct. Isn't that a psuedo B fund.

This needs to be explained. The 5% that goes into a "retirement" account is based on 5% of your gross credit pay.......correct. Isn't that a psuedo B fund.

Yes this is somewhat like a B Fund except that fact that it wasn't just for the pilots.

Also, we don't have an A fund, so there can't be a B Fund.

Yes this is somewhat like a B Fund except that fact that it wasn't just for the pilots.

Also, we don't have an A fund, so there can't be a B Fund.

And a B fund is invested in every two weeks which allows your money to actually work for you. Our plan is at the end of the year, 5% min deposited into your 401k. Anything above that (say we get back to 15% plus profit sharing) will be now distributed as cash.

Oh...I thought everyone got the 5% 401k and only the pilots got the 5% retirement accounts.

There are still a lot of bubbas bypassing because reserve is now at 17 months and counting (ref: a CA friend of mine). He predicts 2-3 more months. Reserve improvements could go both ways. I of course put my Bus CA bid in for any seniority level. Maybe I will snag the left seat on a wild pitch. But to pass up the seat (and the PIC) could prove disastrous (read Embraer comment again) for those determined to wait.

Fortune Favors the Bold.

And then for 17 months we will all have to sit here on Flightinfo and listen to you bitch and complain about how your life and jetblue sucks. Seriously dude I'll buy the rope so you can just hang yourself and get it over with!!

And then for 17 months we will all have to sit here on Flightinfo and listen to you bitch and complain about how your life and jetblue sucks. Seriously dude I'll buy the rope so you can just hang yourself and get it over with!!

Bitch and complain?

There's a huge disconnect between my posts as they are typed and my posts as you read them. All I am doing is OBJECTIVELY providing info about the upgrade situation at jb. I hope your flying skills are better than your powers of deduction.

You read what you want to read I guess.

On another note: I actually had an uncle commit suicide that way, so please keep your analogies to yourself. Suicide is something we don't joke about in my family.

Another differance between what we have and a b fund is:

a B-fund you can start withdrawls when the company says you are retired, not when the IRS say you are. Since the 5% we get goes into our 401K, it follows the same rules that your 401K has for withdrawls on retierment.

Bitch and complain?

There's a huge disconnect between my posts as they are typed and my posts as you read them. All I am doing is OBJECTIVELY providing info about the upgrade situation at jb. I hope your flying skills are better than your powers of deduction.

You read what you want to read I guess.

On another note: I actually had an uncle commit suicide that way, so please keep your analogies to yourself. Suicide is something we don't joke about in my family.

and I guess it makes you feel better to point that out on a public forum?? Maybe you can use that info about your uncle to your advantage the next time you refuse to help get clean the plane during a turn?

" Huge Disconnect " with your posts? No I dont think so it is more than obvious to me that you are a true piece of work..

I dont think you "objectively " represent anything about JB other than your unrelenting hatred of "your" current situation. Your mid 1200's here yet your upgrade is going to take another 5 years?

#950 or so just upgraded to bus capt.. lets say that puts about 300 guys between you..

even if we average only 10 upgrades per month with no account for attrition or resignations your at 30 months or 2.5 years

Please anybody that is considering JB please put the Chef on your ignore list

What an A$$hole.........

Latest resources

Back