• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jet Blue open house

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey, about hiring- I interviewed there in 2000, no offer.
Went to an Open House a few months ago, no interview invitation.
Am told I interview well, but I do not have degree(working on it-ex-military)
Plenty of 121 PIC
Should I attend this month and try to ask a screener to give me an explanation, or tell me to look elsewhere....

Anything is better than this nwa regional position..... Thanks!

Keep trying and It is a good idea to attend the open house again, maybe a good idea to ask if it is only because you have TP time? That now is not a major hurdle as it was in the past. Do you have good TT?

ualdriver wrote:
We have a lot of crap at UA, but actually, you can have free medical at UAL (BCBS IL HMO). And it is very good. With two little kids we "test" it frequently and it costs me $0 per month.

Carry on with the JetBlue bashing........

That's great... but don't you still pay a monthly premium out of your paycheck? If you do, what I meant by free medical was that back in "the day" we didn't even have to pay a penny even pre-tax out of our check. It was one of the "benefits"... free medical insurance. Then a copay for visits and drugs.

Tail

elag777: over 7000 total time, a little jet. Guess I'll smile and try again.

Thanks for the response!

elag777: over 7000 total time, a little jet. Guess I'll smile and try again.

Thanks for the response!

You have "competitive" qualifications, all I can say is stand out as engaging. Talk to all you can. Seek out VK. Be personable and ask questions. Its all about if you stand out in a crowd. Good luck!

Thanks for the thoughts DW.....
I'm victim of the commuting as well..... anyway you slice it commuting sucks.
Especially when you have to come up the day before and/or go home the day after. I heard that while on reserve they (JB) tend to work w/ commuters a little as far as letting you slide out early on the last day, etc? Hope theres some truth to that.

This isnt a dig at the company but our reserve system sucks. Scheduling rarely lets you cut out early. Its something we all hope gets fixed soon but as it stands now don't count on any favors.

Supposedly bidding start/end times is coming and bidding for trips while on reserve as well.

Reserve is getting fixed... there will be long and short call and bidding for check in and check out times as well. But many forget that reserve has historically sucked at any carrier. Everyone will have long and short call as part of their month... non seniority based. The factual rumor says that half of your reserve days will be long call and half short call. But based on a 4 day minimum. If you have 4 or more days on reserve then the first half will be long call and the second half short call. Then seniority based bidding for check in and check out times. If you have less than 4 days on reserve then it's all short call. This will make reserve much better and I would even consider bidding for reserve some months to be home more...

Even w/ the good changes coming I'm sure Lake Alice will find some angle to whine about it......

Tail

I just flew with a PSC guy and he said there would be no short or long call. Bidding for start/end times would be coming and bidding for trips the day prior is also coming. Thats about it.
My apologies for not slurping the blue juice.

There are some smart, unbiased, unbrainwashed folks working on the supposed 'enhancements' to the reserve system. They've been running the new system in parallel over the last several months to demonstrate its effectiveness to the higher ups. From what I was told, the system works real well at the bases besides JFK. However, there simply have not been enough numbers to utilize the long/short functionality of the new system in JFK. No problem though since we have enough, (ahem) as Imus would say: ho's, to pick up the now routine RSA's.

Reserve is getting fixed...The factual rumor says...

Classic Blue Juicesteria. A rare strain and we are fortunate it’s no longer spreading rapidly and is actually in remission system wide.

:uzi:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back