Jet Blue Application

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any idea when calls might go out?

All calls for interviews went out yesterday. If you didn't get one, you'll,have to reapply next fall.

now that youve had a wtf moment. give em a week to sift through thw apps. last time they got like 10000.

I thought it was cruel too...I was thinking to myself, "I went to a top tier junior college followed by two years of online school, WTF?!" Glad to know I wasn't the only one. Thanks brosky!

I have applied to JB twice. About 4-5 years
Ago as an FO at a Regional and then again
a year ago after upgrading and getting PIC
time. Over 1k. I got a call for an interview
10 months after the second application update.
This past July. Interviewed in August and now
waiting in Phase 2.
Everybody's timeline will be different for a call and is
Dependent on so many factors. You really can't
compare your situation to others.
It could be years, months, weeks. I would apply and
then keep applying elsewhere. Never know what is going to
happen.

The current focus of this thread seems to be on degrees and their impact. Years ago the argument was military or not. To be honest with several friends in the hiring department they don't care. Do you meet our minimums, satisfactorily answer the interview questions and can you sit next to this person for a 4 day trip. Plenty examples exist for what happens when you hire a background instead of an individual.

I thought it was cruel too...I was thinking to myself, "I went to a top tier junior college followed by two years of online school, WTF?!" Glad to know I wasn't the only one. Thanks brosky!

Sorry... Kinda:D

I'm sure you guys will get calls soon.

Good luck dudes

Thanks for the laugh BB... and excellent advice earlier this week from Crash. Good luck to all of the other JB applicants.

Put B-737 type on B6 resume or not?

What do you think about putting a B-737 type on a resume for B6?

I have the type but I did not list it on my submitted resume. I keep going back and forth on whether to add it or not. Here is my reasoning:

1) If I list it on the resume, it may work against me and be a reason that I may not get called for an interview because they may think that I will jump to SWA at the 1st opportunity (I probably wouldn't go to SWA actually).

2) If I don't list it and I get called for an interview, they will probably see the type on my pilot license when they request all the paperwork. If they see it, they may conclude that I did not put it on my resume because I was trying to hide something, and see this as a dishonest move and this could work against me and prevent me from being hired.

Right now, I am thinking #1, because the way I see it, a resume is suppose to be selling you to a particular airline. I feel that a B-737 type rating would be worthless in applying to JetBlue so why put it on there?

-SW

I'd just put it on there. They will find out eventually, whether in the application phase or the interview phase. Better to get it out of the way before you get pumped for an interview.

What do you think about putting a B-737 type on a resume for B6?

I have the type but I did not list it on my submitted resume. I keep going back and forth on whether to add it or not. Here is my reasoning:

1) If I list it on the resume, it may work against me and be a reason that I may not get called for an interview because they may think that I will jump to SWA at the 1st opportunity (I probably wouldn't go to SWA actually).

2) If I don't list it and I get called for an interview, they will probably see the type on my pilot license when they request all the paperwork. If they see it, they may conclude that I did not put it on my resume because I was trying to hide something, and see this as a dishonest move and this could work against me and prevent me from being hired.

Right now, I am thinking #1, because the way I see it, a resume is suppose to be selling you to a particular airline. I feel that a B-737 type rating would be worthless in applying to JetBlue so why put it on there?

-SW

Some brotherly advise: I too was in the same predicament when I applied and was filling out the paper work for JB in 2007. The question never came up during the application and interview process and I never pressed the topic. I was prepared to fully and honestly answer the question if asked of me and that was I had applied to South West and the rating is necessary for employment (we all know that)
SW isn't hiring but we are........ don't sweat it!! Heck....there was one guy in my class and another guy in the class behind me that were SW Pre-hires. Where do you think they are now?

Some brotherly advise: I too was in the same predicament when I applied and was filling out the paper work for JB in 2007. The question never came up during the application and interview process and I never pressed the topic. I was prepared to fully and honestly answer the question if asked of me and that was I had applied to South West and the rating is necessary for employment (we all know that)
SW isn't hiring but we are........ don't sweat it!! Heck....there was one guy in my class and another guy in the class behind me that were SW Pre-hires. Where do you think they are now?

Mejorgy,
Copy. So you are saying list it on the resume and have an answer ready to go? Or don't list it and be ready to answer when they find out if you have a type, or maybe they will never bring it up like you are saying?

Latest resources

Back