Jet Blue Application

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mejorgy,
Copy. So you are saying list it on the resume and have an answer ready to go? Or don't list it and be ready to answer when they find out if you have a type, or maybe they will never bring it up like you are saying?

It`s anybodies call.......... I`m pretty sure I listed it on my resume when I attached it to the application. In fact I`m sure I did. I just want to convey the fact.... I humbly and truly believe it will be a non event in the hiring process.
It`s been over 4 years since I was hired but I cannot imagine things have changed too much! I hope my advise is valid advise and Good Luck with your application.

It`s anybodies call.......... I`m pretty sure I listed it on my resume when I attached it to the application. In fact I`m sure I did. I just want to convey the fact.... I humbly and truly believe it will be a non event in the hiring process.
It`s been over 4 years since I was hired but I cannot imagine things have changed too much! I hope my advise is valid advise and Good Luck with your application.

Thanks for your advice. I appreciate it. I hope its valid too!

I have a 737 type, but didn't get it for SWA. Got it flying the airplane as an FO for USAir. (shrug) I put it down on my app. I am what I am, no point in trying to game the system.

What do you think about putting a B-737 type on a resume for B6?

I have the type but I did not list it on my submitted resume. I keep going back and forth on whether to add it or not. Here is my reasoning:

1) If I list it on the resume, it may work against me and be a reason that I may not get called for an interview because they may think that I will jump to SWA at the 1st opportunity (I probably wouldn't go to SWA actually).

2) If I don't list it and I get called for an interview, they will probably see the type on my pilot license when they request all the paperwork. If they see it, they may conclude that I did not put it on my resume because I was trying to hide something, and see this as a dishonest move and this could work against me and prevent me from being hired.

Right now, I am thinking #1, because the way I see it, a resume is suppose to be selling you to a particular airline. I feel that a B-737 type rating would be worthless in applying to JetBlue so why put it on there?

-SW

I got the 737 Type in October of last year. It was on my resume and pilot certificate. It never came up in the interview. I made it to Phase 2. Let's see if I make it to a class date.

Another Blue Question

On the web app, it has a pull down menu for greater or less than 1000 hrs for types of flight time. One of the catergories says total PIC in "jet powered" airplanes. I assume this means turbo-jet? Or would turbo-prop qualify? One could argue that a turboprop is a jet engine...well kinda...

I find it interesting that they wouldn't just specify it as "turbo-jet" if thats what they meant or "turbine" if thats what their intention is. They also mention "turbo-prop", "turbo-jet", and "turbine" in other catergories so it seems to be a little confusing that they would bring in the term "jet powered".

I know this is may seem like a negligent point to many, but this would determine whether I am "greater" or "less than 1000 hrs" for the PIC "jet powered" catergory which I could see as a decision making cutoff point for interviews.

cheers and good luck to all,
SW

On the web app, it has a pull down menu for greater or less than 1000 hrs for types of flight time. One of the catergories says total PIC in "jet powered" airplanes. I assume this means turbo-jet? Or would turbo-prop qualify? One could argue that a turboprop is a jet engine...well kinda...

A turboprop is not a jet. Unless you've flown an aircraft powered by a pulse jet, a ramjet, or a rocket, they're talking about turbo-jets.

Always best to interpret in the direction where you *don't* have to make any awkward explanations at interview time.

A turboprop is not a jet. Unless you've flown an aircraft powered by a pulse jet, a ramjet, or a rocket, they're talking about turbo-jets.

Always best to interpret in the direction where you *don't* have to make any awkward explanations at interview time.

And the good part is that very few airlines care if it's turbofan or turboprop time. Both are fine

My Saab turbo prop has a sticker on it that says "GE jet power". There is my explanation. I think the line below the one in question starts saying turbo-jet. I marked it as 1000+ pic in jet powered aircraft.

My Saab turbo prop has a sticker on it that says "GE jet power". There is my explanation. I think the line below the one in question starts saying turbo-jet. I marked it as 1000+ pic in jet powered aircraft.
LOL, that's funny. I hope you get the interview, and I hope you post the results.

LOL, that's funny. I hope you get the interview, and I hope you post the results.

Well, if I get the interview, then they didn't care. It says SF-340 right on my resume. It's the same engine as a turbo-fan except my blades aren't shrouded and I can adjust them on my own. It hasn't mattered in the past whether or not your time is in a turbo-prop turbo-fan or a turbo-jet.

In fact, I would argue a turbo-prop is as much "jet power" as a turbo-fan. The ratio of thrust coming from the exhaust of a turbo-fan is a bit more, but basically the same concept. If anything, it means I've spent more time in the weather and have had a couple more levers to use. Icing is also more of a problem with a prop because of boots instead of hot wings. I will, however, concede high altitude operations.

Either way, this is an age old argument that nobody can win. I hope to get the call and they judge me based on my personality, command ability, customer service, and flying skills; not whether or not a turbo-prop and turbo-jet are the same type of engine.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back