• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jerry.... Brad... what ya got?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My hope isn't planted by management, it's common sense based. I'm failing to understand why it is thought that due to the lack of action now, that there will be no action at all. Timing is just as critical as the plan itself. Just watch- it ain't over yet, and I'm inclined to believe this is just the start.

Correct, the problem common sense is an attribute many don't have....

the point of this whole thread is that you don't come out and say 5000 pilots and follow it up with 4 700's from horizon. The arguement is that you become the boy who cries wolf. when you promise something so grandiose, you had better have something in the works, because trust starts eroding fast...

Something is better than nothing. All the furloughs are back. Coming out and saying 5000 pilots and following it up with loss of aircraft because the infamous "rate reset/2nd lowest cost in DCI!" in the fall as predicted would have been worse.

Lost 12 aircraft?!? Can you not count? Since BH arrived, lost 12 ATRs, gained 10 CRJ 900s, 4 CRJ 700s, and 2 CRJ 200s. Last time I checked 10+4+2 equals 16 which is greater than -12!

My math may be off here, but.. shouldn't it be:
-12 atr
+10 crj 900 (2 for 1 swap)
-20 crj 200 (2 for 1 swap)
+ 14 crj 200 to United
+ 4 Horizon crj 700
+2 crj 200 Delta found work for just recently

..we're down 2 still, aren't we? Or did I miss a number in there?

On a somewhat related note, of the aircraft involved in the unfortunate hanger-rash-gone-wild incident, how many have returned to the line?

Don't forget, 6 200 staying with delta....So really -20 200's never happened.
So overall +4

Y
Correct, the problem common sense is an attribute many don't have....

Something is better than nothing. All the furloughs are back. Coming out and saying 5000 pilots and following it up with loss of aircraft because the infamous "rate reset/2nd lowest cost in DCI!" in the fall as predicted would have been worse.

Something is better than nothing..I agree.......however. you lose credibility real fast if you promote 5000 pilots and come out with 4 700's. What are they going to promote next time? 10000 pilots? If it wasnt in the bag.....they shouldn't have said anything....then the 700's would have been a pleasant surprise. Under promise and over deliver....not the other way around.

Last edited:
Neither Jerry....or Brad....

owe us (as pilots) anything. If you own company stock, they have an obligation to provide the best stewardship of that equity possible. Other than that, you are owed nothing.

'Jerry' and 'Brad' are normal people just like the rest of us. They take their morning constitutional, shave, shower, put on a tie, and go to work. They are not deities sent from on high, or Utah, to make your life wonderful. Get over it, and get over yourselves.

If a deal comes along that makes sense for the shareholders of the company, it'll get done. If not, there is no obvious need for Jerry and/or Brad to go jump off of a cliff because all of their friends are doing it.

Nothing is substantially different in Inc's. business model today than last week.

Not only are you extremely pessimistic, you're also an absolute moron! They can give your idiotic behind a crystal palace and you'll find something to complain about.

Lost 12 aircraft?!? Can you not count? Since BH arrived, lost 12 ATRs, gained 10 CRJ 900s, 4 CRJ 700s, and 2 CRJ 200s. Last time I checked 10+4+2 equals 16 which is greater than -12!

150+ furloughs? You're either misinformed or you seriously can't count. Last I checked 136 is not 150+

Work our butts off and get paid min guarantee. A few maybe getting min guarantee but most aren't. I've checked the ATL reserve list. Most are crediting in the mid eighties. There was one guy in there that wasn't CMF and he had 99 hrs of credit. Last time I checked 85-99hrs are not 75hrs.

Staffing surely has been an issue. But the disastrous weekend was mainly caused by the 700s not completing 1st class mods on time and those 700 flights being downgraded to the 200. As you can see flights are not cancelling left and right anymore as they were that weekend.

You've only been "living under a rock" if you don't believe this place has made a change for the better. Things could have been much worse for ASA but because of a proactive management we had at least enough growth to get all furloughs back in a very very tough economic environment. This place isn't perfect but its sure as hell better than most, if not the best regional in the industry.

If you're going to complain about stuff around here at least make legitimate complaints based off FACTUAL information rather than skew your numbers for the worse trying to make your opinion stronger. Never once do you have a positive post. All you do is whine like a little girl in the corner. Take the panties and skirt off, put some pants on, and act like a man, JUNIOR!

You're bent out of shape because I rounded the furlough figure to a square number to make a point? I thought it was 150ish. Get over it. As far as the Horizon airframes, I haven't seen any new 700s yet. I won't believe it till I see them. The staffing situation was not just bad because of converted 700s. We never had IAD staffed properly. Remember we cancelled a lot of IAD flights as well because the company relies on ATL based crews regularly flying in IAD. Bad model.

Furthermore, BH did NOT secure our United flying. This was a result of Skywest Inc. loaning United a lot of money with strings attached, ASA being one of the strings. And if he's not careful, he's going to lose any future United flying we could get if he doesn't staff that place properly, which it seems he's finally getting around to doing. Hopefully it's not too little too late. You can give him credit for it if you wish, but it wouldn't be accurate. You'd be flat on your butt on the street right now trying to find someone else's butt to kiss were it not for that skywest loan. Brad got lucky with that one, and so did you. Most regionals don't need to loan an airline $80 Million to get under 20 airplanes to fly for them.

As far as this place making a change for the better, so far I have been away from home much more than I used to be, getting paid less to do so. I can only use QOL of an indication, champ. And it's gone down. If we get the Horizon planes on property, then you can give him all the credit in the world for getting us a couple airplanes up from where we were 2 years ago.

Last edited:
Dear Uncle Rico,

This little morale boost that was supposed to get us though the understaffed summer of Hades isn't working! A million-dollar expenditure, it's only July 3rd, and FI has blown our scam wide open!

I think we can recoup the money as we're pulling the PPO option in effort to get everyone on Pelosicare. It will save us millions in the long-term and our terrific team members will be well taken care of by all the affirmitive-action doctors Obama can train. Fortunately for us, we'll have enough in the bank to go to Ivy League physicians who won't take our team members' Medicare cards- id est- won't have to run into the riffraff outside of the G.O.!

See you in 'Nam!

Sincerely,

Uncle Jerry

Latest resources

Back