• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB pilots file with NMB

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think that balls in USair's hands now. 4 year 190CA @ JB is 94.... USair 4 year 190CA is 84.

I believe we should be paid more but we need USair to work on raising that pay level. USair Pay negatively effects our comp pay levels.

Viva JBPA!

No worries - USAPA is all over it.

Wow........so you guys really didn't use my 50 bucks for cheap liquor and hookers?

Good luck. I hear the top third of the list isn't too excited about voting a union in.
I'm in the top 20% and I'm for it.

I'm a top 25%er and I'm for it. I really believe if one group is not that it would have to be the A320 FO's. 190 guys both CA/FO's are pissed. They were downright lied to. Told nobody would have to fly the 190 unless they volunteered. That promise lasted a year. Now with no upgrades they are stuck there. A320 productivity has declined significantly which in effect is a paycut. The FO's I fly with (all great guys) seem the most content although there are JBPA supporters. So blanket statements aren't 100% accurate. We wil see.

DB's response was kinda comical -- "a group of pilots", as if ten dudes got together at a bar and started a union.

Conservative estimate is 50% signed cards -- that's roughly 1000 pilots.

DB ... I wouldn't treat the opinion of at least half of your pilot workforce in such a flippant manner.

I'm all for it. Then furlough 300 as soon as we can so I can get a better bid divisor... The first DB letter was comical maybe, but he also wrote a second one the very same day that included this language:

A union’s promises of job security, protection and growth are very seductive. I recognize the desire to secure your future, and to support someone when they make these promises. But no one can guarantee anything. I can only guarantee that we will continue to make the sometimes tough and always necessary decisions to protect JetBlue and position our company for success. DB

I would say once a union is on the property, our JBPA will negotiate great benefit and pay raises but in return (a negotiation) will give up our "no furlough clause". Goodbye 300 pilots (this is how much we're overstaffed) and oh by the way, how many captains will be displaced? Think of those numbers boys and girls when you vote. This vote will do nothing but split up the pilot core, many of whom do not support this move at this time in our economy...

Last edited:
I'm all for it. Then furlough 300 as soon as we can so I can get a better bid divisor... The first DB letter was comical maybe, but he also wrote a second one the very same day that included this language:

A union’s promises of job security, protection and growth are very seductive. I recognize the desire to secure your future, and to support someone when they make these promises. But no one can guarantee anything. I can only guarantee that we will continue to make the sometimes tough and always necessary decisions to protect JetBlue and position our company for success. DB

I would say once a union is on the property, our JBPA will negotiate great benefit and pay raises but in return (a negotiation) will give up our "no furlough clause". Goodbye 300 pilots (this is how much we're overstaffed) and oh by the way, how many captains will be displaced? Think of those numbers boys and girls when you vote. This vote will do nothing but split up the pilot core, many of whom do not support this move at this time in our economy...

I believe the company can only do so much in response, in order to maintain their creds when it comes to the "culture" and "blue juice quotient".

JB leans heavily on the benevolence and goodwill of its pilot group (and all groups for that matter). Case in point -- damage control during IROPS.

Considering the egalitarian nature of JB, meaning that we are all one employee group, it may not be in their best interest to divide the whole company up.

To be straight: the first email was from DB to the pilots, the second was for the entire company.

What I don't get is how the anti-union side wants to keep the pro-JBPA side from having a voice. If the LAW allows for a union representation vote, then why can't "a group of pilots" exercise their right to vote for union membership? That's what pi$$es me off the most. If hear another captain say "if you don't like it, then f-in leave" I swear I am gonna crack. Especially since he spent the last 3 days bitching about how he didn't get a pay raise, his income has gone down since he got here, crew services has jacked him around too many times and how much he hates those random "Flight Scheduling Manual enhancement" emails that come without warning and change or reduce some previous pilot benefit.

You can't have it both ways. Either this place is a cult, or it's a job. I say it's a job.

Now if this vote passes, it passes. If it doesn't, um well ... it doesn't. At least the process was allowed to run its course, exactly as the law intended. That's the important part about all of this. We should all remember that.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back