• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jb fo pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lol, true. But I think you get my point. Our divisor hours are based on block hours and pilot numbers. If our hours go up, which historically they have, the divisors will go up. I just think it's premature to react at 1 or 2 months of low divisors.

I have never prematurely ej....... over reacted doh! Personally....... I really don`t give a sh!t. I start 5th year next month in the Golden Land of LGB and have never seen a Line. My 75 hours comes whether I fly it or not!

You may see more of my postings on days I sit reserve bored to tears anxiously awaiting the Crack-Berry to ring so I may whisk off to the airport to pad my log book with the ever valuable SIC time. Getting online and posting is just a means to preserve my typing skills...........

Can anyone discuss what an average month is like sitting reserve? Call outs. Red eyes. Layovers. E190 v/s A320 and BOS v/s JFK.

JFK... A lot of dinners at Tu Casa, followed by moderate consumption of liquor at either the Kew Club or the Ale house followed up by two slices of pizza from Danny`s at 2 am. Then the constant car horns from 2am until ???? provided by the impatient drivers of Queens, NY. And then the red eye island turns to the DR or SJU. BQN is better because the booze is cheaper... and then finally the mad dash to commute home on your last day "which probably won`t happen" because you get back into JFK too late to make a commute!

I picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue!

What is a FLiCa hawk? FLica is your crew schedule system, so how do you become a hawk over it? Is it automated trip drop/pick up? Is it instant approval/denial?

At my airline, you have to email scheduling, it can take 2-3 days to hear back, and by then about 10 different people have already requested something from the same trip you were requesting something out of.

What is a FLiCa hawk? FLica is your crew schedule system, so how do you become a hawk over it? Is it automated trip drop/pick up? Is it instant approval/denial?

At my airline, you have to email scheduling, it can take 2-3 days to hear back, and by then about 10 different people have already requested something from the same trip you were requesting something out of.

We have live Flica. Instant pick ups, drops, trades, etc. We also have Flica alerts, where if a trip meeting your predetermined requisites pops into the "pot", you will receive a text of the trip availability and a detailed pairing report via email. Used correctly, Flica alerts can make you money and improve quality of life.

FLICA is the New millennium`s version of crack! Hence the terminology "FLICA WHORE" Had the Internet and FLICA been around in the 80`s....The Colombian Drug Cartels would be selling used cars instead of harvesting Cocoa. FLICA would have prevented the cocaine pandemic because it is a far more addictive drug than anything on the street.

You can always tell who the FLICA W************************* are: Skinny, perpetually tired from lack of sleep, wrinkled shirts.... you will always see them at the crew lounge or pass them in the jet bridge. But they won`t see you......WHY you ask....because they are on their i-Phones or crack-berries getting their next FLICA fix!

Last edited:
JFK... A lot of dinners at Tu Casa, followed by moderate consumption of liquor at either the Kew Club or the Ale house followed up by two slices of pizza from Danny`s at 2 am. Then the constant car horns from 2am until ???? provided by the impatient drivers of Queens, NY. And then the red eye island turns to the DR or SJU. BQN is better because the booze is cheaper... and then finally the mad dash to commute home on your last day "which probably won`t happen" because you get back into JFK too late to make a commute!

I picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue!

Haha! So sad but so true!!

The one good thing about the slow times of year like this (Sept-early Nov) mean PRL days for reserves and a few Long-Call shifts. PRL is day when staffing is so fat they give you that day off paid. Everyone in the bid status gets one(or two), or nobody gets one. Long call is a 14hr callout, so if your commute isnt too bad you can sit at home and do that.

Im a newhire JFK 320 FO and have had two PRL days in Aug,Sept and Oct each. One Long Call shift in Aug, but two in a row for today and tomorrow.

Flyby...Do you reside in New Hampshire? The girl friend..soon to be wife are giving serious consideration to packing up the truck and heading east. If you do live there, any recommendations? I`m thinking southern NH no farther north than Concord. Your thoughts?

No way in today's Jetblue environment will someone comming on property now, make 100,000 in year 2. People use to do it through soft time (deadheads, RSA etc.). Those day's are long gone unless we get a whole bunchof new flying.

Flyby...Do you reside in New Hampshire? The girl friend..soon to be wife are giving serious consideration to packing up the truck and heading east. If you do live there, any recommendations? I`m thinking southern NH no farther north than Concord. Your thoughts?

Born and raised! Loads of pilots live here, and I would recommend the Seacoast area for an easy commute to BOS. Check out Hampton, North Hampton, Portsmouth, Greenland, Stratham, Exeter areas. All of those would put you within about 1:15 from the employee lot, and have good school systems (if thats something youre looking for). Newfields, Newmarket, Dover are also decent towns with slightly cheaper prices. Durham is on the map there as well, but ridiculous property taxes and pretty much a college town.

Manchester/Nashua area is an even cheaper alternative, but the traffic on Rt-93 can suck for morning rush hour. Plus I think the seacoast is a bit nicer in general when it comes to activities, restaurants, ocean, etc.

Concord would be a pretty good haul if you were on reserve, but if youll be a lineholder then it is no prob.

Good luck, send me a PM if you have any specifics about the area

Last edited:
Second year f/o with a 88 hour month.....easy to do
base 69*78= 5,382
10 hrs prem 103*10= 1,030
10 hrs.sell back 103*10= 1,030
total 7,442$

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back