• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jb fo pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I still am managing 90 plus hours, but I'm a Flica alert hawk to do it in Sept and Oct. The regular draw down plus being a tiny bit fat on the 320 has created this situation. I'm guessing the November and December bid divisors will be back at the 85-90 hour mark.

I get it your pissed about the union vote but come on 70 hours and 14 days off is just not true.

The worst line I can find in the JFK E190 awards for october is 74 hours with 17 days off. The only 14 day off lines are guys working in the training department or office.

Most are around 75-85 hours with 15-18 days off. The 2 junior line holders in JFK got 82 and 83 hours with 16 days off.

Yes the hours are lower than normal but they are shrinking the JFK E190 base. The lines in BOS during this SLOW month of October are around 78-88 hours with 15-17 days off.

He is right about the 320 lines, they are a little less then desirable right now. Again though, im guessing it is very temporary.

I still am managing 90 plus hours, but I'm a Flica alert hawk to do it in Sept and Oct. The regular draw down plus being a tiny bit fat on the 320 has created this situation. I'm guessing the November and December bid divisors will be back at the 85-90 hour mark.

Not to be challenging nor confrontational: What do you base your opinion on? How do you know the bid divisors will go back up to the 85-90 hour mark? On one thread: Everyone is happier than a pig in sh!t that there are new hires coming out of the wood-work but where are all these newbies going? Boston and New York........... How many new airframes are coming on to the property? I will tell you........ ONE 320 for the remainder of the year.

On another non challenging note: May I ask you why you entertain the idea of flying 85 to 90 hours a month? Do you really expect you will be able to sustain that kind of flying schedule for the next 10, 20 or 30 years? I for one want to see the expansion and success of Jet Blue....yes I do! And I will do what is professionally necessary to ensure the success of my company as well as my own success. But I for one do not want to live at the airport or in a blue jet! Life is too short and frankly, I made those mistakes years ago..........

Just because I was (still am) a supporter of a Collective Bargaining Agreement does not categorize me as someone who is PISSED and wants to burn the house down. Quite the opposite........ I do want to be paid and compensated with a benefit plan that commiserates to my professional skill set. Please remember this: We are Jet Blue Pilots.... Not Jet Blue Crew members!!! Huge difference........

Not an option in BOS, our growing base. 5 years seniority, FLICA (it's an acronym) alerts, and doing 80 hours with 15 days off. Bidding 45 percent in the seat (320 FO).

I'm perfectly happy with 80 hours, but not really with 15 days off. I will, just barely, break 100K this year, after working my tail off this summer. It's not realistic for a 2nd year FO to do that, unless you live in base and are an RSA whore.

Not to be challenging nor confrontational: What do you base your opinion on? How do you know the bid divisors will go back up to the 85-90 hour mark? On one thread: Everyone is happier than a pig in sh!t that there are new hires coming out of the wood-work but where are all these newbies going? Boston and New York........... How many new airframes are coming on to the property? I will tell you........ ONE 320 for the remainder of the year.

On another non challenging note: May I ask you why you entertain the idea of flying 85 to 90 hours a month? Do you really expect you will be able to sustain that kind of flying schedule for the next 10, 20 or 30 years? I for one want to see the expansion and success of Jet Blue....yes I do! And I will do what is professionally necessary to ensure the success of my company as well as my own success. But I for one do not want to live at the airport or in a blue jet! Life is too short and frankly, I made those mistakes years ago..........

Just because I was (still am) a supporter of a Collective Bargaining Agreement does not categorize me as someone who is PISSED and wants to burn the house down. Quite the opposite........ I do want to be paid and compensated with a benefit plan that commiserates to my professional skill set. Please remember this: We are Jet Blue Pilots.... Not Jet Blue Crew members!!! Huge difference........

I don't disagree with you. As for why I think the divisors will go up. Well, historically hours go up in November/December, hence we will fly more. We could get 50 airplanes tomorrow... If we fly the same hours as October the divisors will stay where they are. I don't want to fly 90+ hours for the next 20 years, that's why I agree with you that we need overall higher pay rates.

Also, read my post, I said I'm guessing the divisors will go up. Look at the macro data.... October, November, and May are slow down months. You can't look at 1 or 2 months data and fit a statistical model to it. If we see 6+ months of 75 hour divisors I'll buy into the bluepilots's hysteria, until then I'll go with the historical dataset which says divisors will rise for Nov-April.

Last edited:
Not an option in BOS, our growing base. 5 years seniority, FLICA (it's an acronym) alerts, and doing 80 hours with 15 days off. Bidding 45 percent in the seat (320 FO).

I'm perfectly happy with 80 hours, but not really with 15 days off. I will, just barely, break 100K this year, after working my tail off this summer. It's not realistic for a 2nd year FO to do that, unless you live in base and are an RSA whore.

I'm in Boston, was JFK until recently. JFK it is completely plausible to make 100k in year 2... I'll agree Boston is more difficult. Thats why I am going to transfer back to JFK, among other reasons.

Can anyone discuss what an average month is like sitting reserve? Call outs. Red eyes. Layovers. E190 v/s A320 and BOS v/s JFK.

Can anyone discuss what an average month is like sitting reserve? Call outs. Red eyes. Layovers. E190 v/s A320 and BOS v/s JFK.

There is no "average" on reserve. In JFK you will fly everything and anything, with above average number of trips to Ewr and Sdq.

I don't disagree with you. As for why I think the divisors will go up. Well, historically hours go up in November/December, hence we will fly more. We could get 50 airplanes tomorrow... If we fly the same hours as October the divisors will stay where they are. I don't want to fly 90+ hours for the next 20 years, that's why I agree with you that we need overall higher pay rates.

Also, read my post, I said I'm guessing the divisors will go up. Look at the macro data.... October, November, and May are slow down months. You can't look at 1 or 2 months data and fit a statistical model to it. If we see 6+ months of 75 hour divisors I'll buy into the bluepilots's hysteria, until then I'll go with the historical dataset which says divisors will rise for Nov-April.
I know there are a lot of fairies in Forrest Hills, but I don`t think they have magic wands capable of making 50 airframes magically appear over night!

Last edited:
I know there are a lot of fairies in Forrest Hills, but I don`t think they have magic wands to make 50 airframes magically appear

Lol, true. But I think you get my point. Our divisor hours are based on block hours and pilot numbers. If our hours go up, which historically they have, the divisors will go up. I just think it's premature to react at 1 or 2 months of low divisors.

Latest resources

Back