Jb fo pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Second year fo.

Average 100 credit, 90 block / month. (training, pto, vaca to keep total below 1000yr)

78*69=5382
22 premium = 2227
20 hour night override = 260

Total 94,428

Per diem:
Avg 600/month * 12 months = 7200

Total: 101,628

Not saying per diem should be included, and you need to work for my numbers, but it's possible, just not the most probable. 90k is certainly possible and likely if you include per diem.

Second year fo.

Average 100 credit, 90 block / month. (training, pto, vaca to keep total below 1000yr)

78*69=5382
22 premium = 2227
20 hour night override = 260

Total 94,428

Per diem:
Avg 600/month * 12 months = 7200

Total: 101,628

Not saying per diem should be included, and you need to work for my numbers, but it's possible, just not the most probable. 90k is certainly possible and likely if you include per diem.

Sorry per diem doesn't count and I bet you won't get 100 hrs in Sept or Oct. Night over ride indicates your junority. Island turns and red eyes, day sleep etc. By the way 90 block you'll credit out in Nov if all is true. So my friend the numbers don't work. Jetblue pay's Zero if you time out.

Sorry per diem doesn't count and I bet you won't get 100 hrs in Sept or Oct. Night over ride indicates your junority. Island turns and red eyes, day sleep etc. By the way 90 block you'll credit out in Nov if all is true. So my friend the numbers don't work. Jetblue pay's Zero if you time out.

95 hrs for sept, 90 for Oct. 20 hrs of credit for training, using some vacation. I won't time out. Again, I'm not saying it's probable, just possible. 85-90 k is much more plausible.

A little off thread but I am trying to decide that if I go to JB which ac to bid for. I like both aircraft. There are factors like QOL, Red eye flights , overnights, commutability, pay that I am also trying to get educated about.
1. As a new hire, junior pilot out JFK for example what would life be like on the bus.
How many red eye flights per bid? Are you constantly flopping back and forth between day and night flights.
2. Are there a lot of overnights out of the country and for how long? 24 hours or more?

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

A little off thread but I am trying to decide that if I go to JB which ac to bid for. I like both aircraft. There are factors like QOL, Red eye flights , overnights, commutability, pay that I am also trying to get educated about.
1. As a new hire, junior pilot out JFK for example what would life be like on the bus.
How many red eye flights per bid? Are you constantly flopping back and forth between day and night flights.
2. Are there a lot of overnights out of the country and for how long? 24 hours or more?

Any insight would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

3 months on reserve JFK 320 FO- July/August were busy months, lots of red eye turns to the Caribbean (depart JFK @ midnight, fly to SDQ/STI/PUJ/BQN/PSE/SJU, sit for an hour, fly back to jfk and arrive between 7am-9am). The good part about the red eye turns on reserve is that they cant use you for anything until 8am the next day. So you basically get 24hrs off which helps get re-acclimated. This same rule goes for any red eye flying where you fly more than 2hrs between 0100-0500 base local time.

The multi day trips can be difficult when you have a day sleep thrown in the pairing, but I havent had any of those yet. I have had lots of 3day trips where you leave JFK between 8pm-midnight, fly to destination, ~24hrs off, come back the next night and arrive JFK 7-9am. 3 of those trips have been domestic (SMF, LAS, LAS) and 3 have been int'l (SDQ, SDQ, SDQ).

You can bid for trips on reserve the day prior, and I bid for all of those above trips except 1 SDQ. It works out well to bid for those type of 3day trips when you finish on the last day of your reserve days at 8am and head home early.

For september I have flown two of those SDQ 3days and 1 day turn JFK-MCO-JFK for 26hrs total credit. Only 2 days left of reserve this month and I doubt ill get used for anything.

Last edited:
2nd year FO will almost certainly not credit 88 hours consistently, and also will not have 10 hours PTO to sell every month. 2nd year EMB FO makes 62, not 68, and 2nd year 320 guy will likely be in reserve. Pay is decent here, but let's be realistic instead of giving new guys the bluethysphere ideal.

Thanks for all the replies.

It's easy to see that you will make more that a mid-seniority CA at a regional by year 2.

Thanks for all the replies.

It's easy to see that you will make more that a mid-seniority CA at a regional by year 2.

Mmmmmm..not easy for me to see and I'm a mid-seniority CA at a regional. I see how maybe you can work the system as much as possible, but I can do that right now and make more.

The way I see it a 2-3rd year FO at JB is in the same ballpark.

Mmmmmm..not easy for me to see and I'm a mid-seniority CA at a regional. I see how maybe you can work the system as much as possible, but I can do that right now and make more.

The way I see it a 2-3rd year FO at JB is in the same ballpark.

Agree. Seems like a lot of working it for 85k, ( if that ) All to never see the left seat and leave when AA,UAL hires. I'll stay in my 700/900 and wait it out, and avoid 2 paycuts.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back