• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jb fo pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Agree. Seems like a lot of working it for 85k, ( if that ) All to never see the left seat and leave when AA,UAL hires. I'll stay in my 700/900 and wait it out, and avoid 2 paycuts.

Lets Hope you get hired at aa/ual. Sometimes it doesn't work out that way though. I would rather be at jb than stuck at a contract carrier. There's nothing wrong with that. I saw a lot of guys at comair try for other jobs in the 90's and, through circumstance, end up at comair after 20 yrs. For most of them, comair (pre-pft) was their first interview experience. It takes a couple of tries to get rid of the yips, guess. Good luck though.

Have you seen the projected retirement numbers of the legacies ??

True a contract carrier may not be the best however, my scope is better than JBs.. Good luck with that come merger time.

What was the newcast regarding JB and disposing of the 190 anyway ??

Last edited:
You have some good reasons for not leaving your comfy 700/900. However, when I decided to leave my regional I had some reasons. The other response is correct, there are no guarentees that you will be hired at the major of your choice. A lot can go wrong in an interview and no one is amune to that, no matter how many pilots are retiring. Something as simple as a failed PC, altitude incursion, incident, speeding ticket, etc. can seriously affect your chances of getting hired. Everyone has there reasons and I'm not knocking yours. Good luck with whatever you do.

True a contract carrier may not be the best however, my scope is better than JBs.. Good luck with that come merger time.

You have it all figured out. Please don't come to JetBlue.

I don't know what was that? Last time I checked the fleet was to be 75. That's 32 more than we have now... O'well, enjoy your legacy... wait you fly a crj. good luck getting to the legacy!

From my recent conversations with some JB pilots it sounds like the airline is basically two separate airlines when you consider the E190 and Airbus operations. The E190 sounds more like a regional in terms of routes and flight frequencies whereas the Airbus sounds like more of a "country club" (their quote - not mine) with 1-3 sectors per day including transcons. Trying for 100+ hours on a "regional" schedule sounds brutal - especially when flying around the NE.

For the people who can do it and want to fly 100+ hours month after month my hat is off to you.

Thats's the whole point of a regional, no scope. I wouldn't worry about any future interviews though, you seem completely in control of your emotions. Just go in there and pretend you're Rick Perry and you'll do fine. Bang bang!

Missing the point?

CG, no hate from me. Do what makes you happy. I think you're being short-sighted on a couple of fronts though. First of all, I'm 99 percent sure you're at Mesa; if APC is accurate you're making in the neighborhood of 85 bucks an hour to hold left seat in a 700 or 900.

The problem is, you're maxed at that level, and your airline has already had one near-death experience. You may have great scope in your CBA but scope at a contract carrier is an illusion, only as good as the next RFP (See Comair, Independence, Express Jet, etc). Or your previously sane CEO's decision to buy and then destroy a couple narrow-body brands and ruin your financial performance.

Although you would take a cut the first 2-3 years, you would break even pay-wise year 3 or so in the 190, and 2nd year in the 320. So, you're comparing your maximum income potential with the minimum here. Additionally our workrules, although we still need improvement, make it easier to find soft time when compared to most regionals (TAFB rig, 100 percent DH, block-or-better by leg, etc). For the most part we stay in nicer hotels, have nicer crew lounges, do less outstation sits, etc. All minor points but they contribute your level of fatigue for a given trip.

Don't get me wrong, we have plenty that needs fixing here, and I'm really disappointed we haven't matured to the CBA level vs. playing with the Student Council. Nobody's begging you to reconsider your choices, but you should really have all the info when doing your long-range career planning. Just some friendly food-for-thought.

CG, no hate from me. Do what makes you happy. I think you're being short-sighted on a couple of fronts though. First of all, I'm 99 percent sure you're at Mesa; if APC is accurate you're making in the neighborhood of 85 bucks an hour to hold left seat in a 700 or 900.

The problem is, you're maxed at that level, and your airline has already had one near-death experience. You may have great scope in your CBA but scope at a contract carrier is an illusion, only as good as the next RFP (See Comair, Independence, Express Jet, etc). Or your previously sane CEO's decision to buy and then destroy a couple narrow-body brands and ruin your financial performance.

Although you would take a cut the first 2-3 years, you would break even pay-wise year 3 or so in the 190, and 2nd year in the 320. So, you're comparing your maximum income potential with the minimum here. Additionally our workrules, although we still need improvement, make it easier to find soft time when compared to most regionals (TAFB rig, 100 percent DH, block-or-better by leg, etc). For the most part we stay in nicer hotels, have nicer crew lounges, do less outstation sits, etc. All minor points but they contribute your level of fatigue for a given trip.

Don't get me wrong, we have plenty that needs fixing here, and I'm really disappointed we haven't matured to the CBA level vs. playing with the Student Council. Nobody's begging you to reconsider your choices, but you should really have all the info when doing your long-range career planning. Just some friendly food-for-thought.
e

I appreciate it..

However, I don't see whats so great about being a junior FO for many years to come in the 190 in JFK or BOS ? All to make the same pay I am now, our pay scale goes to 105 an hour.

JB has to nearly double in size before I will ever see the left seat. I don't think that is possible. Seeing the legacys are cutting capacity in the coming years.

Its a gamble, I know. Its just a personal choice. Good luck to all

Latest resources

Back