• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB Candidates in phase II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your point is accurate. I'm glad there are some new guys joining us, but please be realistic and have managed expectations. Your hope to improve your QOL once you are here will be very much dependent on Work Rule changes and the pay in your IOE seat. There will be very little chance for upgrade for quite some time. You will sit reserve FOR A LONG TIME. If you live in New York, Boston, Orlando, FLL, or So.Cal, bless your heart. You will probably be very happy (initially). Being on reserve every weekend and holiday for about 5 years will start to wear thin.

I've been with the company for about 5 years and can say that I am honestly never planning on upgrading here. At our growth/retirement rate a seat won't even be available for me for at least another 5 years. And then it will be sitting reserve probably until I retire. No thanks. I don't really want to be in my late 50's waiting for a callout while sleeping in a crashpad in NY, just to fly a red-eye turn to DR. But that's me. Your mileage may differ....

I submitted my application to JetBlue on June 2nd, and my status as of today still shows "Under Consideration." Is this good? Can I expect some form of a notification for an interview?

I submitted my application to JetBlue on June 2nd, and my status as of today still shows "Under Consideration." Is this good? Can I expect some form of a notification for an interview?

I wouldn't hold my breath! aah, but seriously.

Under consideration is good, but you missed the boat for this year imo. They looked at 300 at the open house then interviewed 150. We have a pool and are supposed to bring on 40-90 by dec. C-130 time is good so keep updating, "they" say it matters.

Good luck man!

FYI - Back ground checks (Phase II) only started recently. The reality is we would have like to begun classes this month but after the initial wave of interviews Phase II was put on hold. I guess JB didn't want to pay for back ground checks until they knew the exact numbers. Regardless classes slated to start in Sept. 20 per month through this year and anticipated into 2011.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep my eyes open. How do I keep updating my time by the way?
umm? The internet!:D It's in there some where.

FYI - Back ground checks (Phase II) only started recently. The reality is we would have like to begun classes this month but after the initial wave of interviews Phase II was put on hold. I guess JB didn't want to pay for back ground checks until they knew the exact numbers. Regardless classes slated to start in Sept. 20 per month through this year and anticipated into 2011.

This is good news!

You may not know this, but mere line-pilots are STRONGLY discouraged from "talking" to people without following the chain of command. I've done so successfully, BTW with some customer service and engineering-related ideas, so I can speak first-hand to the current process for bucking stuff up the line. Really, go find 90 percent of Airbus rates somewhere else? That's weak, but sure: Delta for example, pays DC9 at 93 percent of Airbus rates; Airtran, same rate for both jets (737 and 717); Hawaiian, the 717 pays 88 percent of wide-body rates for goodness sakes (but you knew all that since you're so smart, right?)! Of course, since Douglas built the -9 and 717 and Embraer builds the 190, those aren't valid comparisons, right?

Anyway, thanks for being a smart-aleck. And yes, I'd love to see some growth outside BOS and the Caribbean, as would those few business travelers whom actually try to use us as their preferred carrier. It's tough with the gaping holes between the coasts.

BTW my right-seat 190 pay is nowhere near 90 percent of the Bus left-seat, which is a seat our growth and retirement numbers indicate I might reach around 2030 or so. Sorry it offends you that us peions are passionate about perceived mis-steps by the company, or improving the position we work from. BTW, exactly how are we going to staff 10 jets with 40-90 pilots? You think maybe the net growth might be less than deliveries (like it has been every year since 2006)?

There are more opportunities to have face to face time with the Executive Leadership of this airline than ANYWHERE I've ever heard of. Not that that is a solution to our issues, but it is part of the culture here.

I wasn't talking about DC-9 pay or 717 pay. You can go that route if you want. I specifically stated a fact that E190 pay is based on 90 % of A320 pay. The highest E190 pay in the industry. Really, your F/O pay isn't 90% of an A320 CAPT pay? Wow? That's amazing?
A320 Capt pay is the ""master rate". E190 Capt pay is 90% of A320 Capt pay. F/O rates are a fixed % of each representative capt seat's pay. Understand?

I have 15 years of first hand ALPA experience... and organizing is going to solve all of our problems? Really hot shot?
Let's see... I know of one ALPA airline that got stapled to the bottom of another airline. Another ALPA carrier dissolved its A Plan pension and is still operating under split contracts at substandard pay. And how many broken promises, no furlough clauses, guaranteed fleet sizes and scope clauses have been broken? GO ALPA!

If you would get your head out of your chute and go out and see the reasons Marketing and Planning are doing what they are doing, you would get some answers to your questions. All I see you doing is spouting off your mouth and crying about why we're not flying to Austin and Atlanta.

Sorry guy, but no one has actually stated anything definitive about growth. Yes, we are taking delivery of more airframes, but I'm sure you know that the company has also historically dumped older airframes off the bottom of the list when we get new ones. The "40 to 90" number doesn't even meet the need for this summer, nevermind allow for some seniority list movement for any but the smallest percentage.

And what happened to the 7th bus that was being returned from BlueWings? How can a 9 year old aircraft be so unfit for duty that it has become unusable?

VU

They are going to deal off the bottom of the deck... about 20 too many Airbus's coming in the next 3-5 years. The 6 A320's + 4 E190s this year seem to be net growth. But the dialed back utilization we have had and the screwed up staffing model is fogging things up a bit. It appears that the Airbus utilization will shift around some. One of the 6 A320s is going to take an E190 line as there will be a maintenance mod line start up. The one A320 that was in a shambles.... I don't know what happened to it. Could have been some sort of serious airframe issue... or mismanaged maintenance records? Who knows... it was over someplace in Russia.

There are more opportunities to have face to face time with the Executive Leadership of this airline than ANYWHERE I've ever heard of. Not that that is a solution to our issues, but it is part of the culture here.

I wasn't talking about DC-9 pay or 717 pay. You can go that route if you want. I specifically stated a fact that E190 pay is based on 90 % of A320 pay. The highest E190 pay in the industry. Really, your F/O pay isn't 90% of an A320 CAPT pay? Wow? That's amazing?
A320 Capt pay is the ""master rate". E190 Capt pay is 90% of A320 Capt pay. F/O rates are a fixed % of each representative capt seat's pay. Understand?

I have 15 years of first hand ALPA experience... and organizing is going to solve all of our problems? Really hot shot?
Let's see... I know of one ALPA airline that got stapled to the bottom of another airline. Another ALPA carrier dissolved its A Plan pension and is still operating under split contracts at substandard pay. And how many broken promises, no furlough clauses, guaranteed fleet sizes and scope clauses have been broken? GO ALPA!

If you would get your head out of your chute and go out and see the reasons Marketing and Planning are doing what they are doing, you would get some answers to your questions. All I see you doing is spouting off your mouth and crying about why we're not flying to Austin and Atlanta.

Great SA focusing on the micro vs. macro issues. YOU specifically mentioned E190, so other jets with similar gross weights and missions don't count. Right, got it. Good thing the PVC and company didn't define PSIA that way... As far as fleet planning and growth go, it's funny how explosive growth was OK when it got you into a captain seat, now we need to be restrained. Got it. I actually agree with the restraint, but again you fail to see that the stagnation looks a lot different from the bottom than the top.

I defy you to find a post where I mention going to ATL. That was a fortress hub where DL promptly defended and drove us out. Since you're so chummy with the ELT you obviously
know the difference between that and a focus city such as AUS with point to point market potential and no single dominant carrier, right?

Nowhere have I said ALPA would be a panacea. I have said they would give us a voice we lack as a group. But of course, ALPA caused the furloughs and lost pensions, not 9/11, recessions and fuel-price escalation. Silly me.

Where does it say that in our contract?

It doesn't!

Understand?

You were told a story and liked it, so you are repeating it.

Latest resources

Back