• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB Candidates in phase II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Easy to throw stones from that Airbus left seat. You're not frustrated to hear Southwest and Alaska picking up adding routes from a market (AUS) that we were going to develop while there's crickets on our end? Probably doesn't matter when you're gonna just stick to your 12 days a month of Red-eye turns and then hob-nob at FSC on your days off. Maybe you're one of those "project" guys getting 90 hours a month to hang out in the office?

As a matter of fact I do share my pearls of wisdom of with my chain of command about ideas to improve our service and network. I'm passionate about the airline and my career, and it's a different looking place from the right seat of the commuter jet (I'm doing 20 legs in 6 days this week). Thanks for being a smart-ass.

We are growing by 17 airplanes in 16 months, that's 11% in less than a year and a half. SWA is anticipating 0 growth thru 2012 (reference 2nd quarter earnings call). What more do you want here? You want to grow so quick and put us back in the red?

CD

Oh yeah, I don't fly the Airbus, and work more than 12 days.
Vote ALPA

Easy to throw stones from that Airbus left seat. You're not frustrated to hear Southwest and Alaska picking up adding routes from a market (AUS) that we were going to develop while there's crickets on our end? Probably doesn't matter when you're gonna just stick to your 12 days a month of Red-eye turns and then hob-nob at FSC on your days off. Maybe you're one of those "project" guys getting 90 hours a month to hang out in the office?

As a matter of fact I do share my pearls of wisdom of with my chain of command about ideas to improve our service and network. I'm passionate about the airline and my career, and it's a different looking place from the right seat of the commuter jet (I'm doing 20 legs in 6 days this week). Thanks for being a smart-ass.

Relax. Anger will kill you.

Hot off the press! From the VP of Flt Ops....Training will start in Sept with Pilots out of the current pool who have completed phase 2. Hiring will restart in Dec at a rate of 20 a month for a protracted period of time into 2011.

This company IS growing.... just not where YOU think it should... since you're so smart.

Go talk to Robin Hayes.... Look at the growth numbers in Boston and the Caribbean.

Or maybe you're too busy shooting your mouth off. And the right seat of your "commuter jet" E190 pays 90% of Airbus rates..... go find that someplace else.

This company IS growing.... just not where YOU think it should... since you're so smart.

Go talk to Robin Hayes.... Look at the growth numbers in Boston and the Caribbean.

Or maybe you're too busy shooting your mouth off. And the right seat of your "commuter jet" E190 pays 90% of Airbus rates..... go find that someplace else.

Cut the guy a break.. he is not making over $200 an hr in premium but you are.. your world has a litle more blue in it than his..

Sorry guy, but no one has actually stated anything definitive about growth. Yes, we are taking delivery of more airframes, but I'm sure you know that the company has also historically dumped older airframes off the bottom of the list when we get new ones. The "40 to 90" number doesn't even meet the need for this summer, nevermind allow for some seniority list movement for any but the smallest percentage.

And what happened to the 7th bus that was being returned from BlueWings? How can a 9 year old aircraft be so unfit for duty that it has become unusable?

VU

Hot off the press! From the VP of Flt Ops....Training will start in Sept with Pilots out of the current pool who have completed phase 2. Hiring will restart in Dec at a rate of 20 a month for a protracted period of time into 2011.

...should be...

..we expect...

...likely...

IMO will we hire soon...yes.

But as of the latest email nothing is firm. Sandy is waiting for the okay from the CFO. Remember, JetBlue told Wall St they will recoup the pilot pay package though work rule efficiency and that it the primary concern.

Your QOL is not a issue and for those that are close to timing out will be forced to bid reserve so that a former reserve who is NOT close to timing out can fly the as a line holder.

There is still lots of 'flexibility' within the the work force in terms of 'efficiency'.

I think we will see a trickle of hiring so that the headline will read "We are hiring" but the numbers will be small and new hires will not appear on the line until the 1st quarter of 2011.

You may not know this, but mere line-pilots are STRONGLY discouraged from "talking" to people without following the chain of command. I've done so successfully, BTW with some customer service and engineering-related ideas, so I can speak first-hand to the current process for bucking stuff up the line. Really, go find 90 percent of Airbus rates somewhere else? That's weak, but sure: Delta for example, pays DC9 at 93 percent of Airbus rates; Airtran, same rate for both jets (737 and 717); Hawaiian, the 717 pays 88 percent of wide-body rates for goodness sakes (but you knew all that since you're so smart, right?)! Of course, since Douglas built the -9 and 717 and Embraer builds the 190, those aren't valid comparisons, right?

Anyway, thanks for being a smart-aleck. And yes, I'd love to see some growth outside BOS and the Caribbean, as would those few business travelers whom actually try to use us as their preferred carrier. It's tough with the gaping holes between the coasts.

BTW my right-seat 190 pay is nowhere near 90 percent of the Bus left-seat, which is a seat our growth and retirement numbers indicate I might reach around 2030 or so. Sorry it offends you that us peions are passionate about perceived mis-steps by the company, or improving the position we work from. BTW, exactly how are we going to staff 10 jets with 40-90 pilots? You think maybe the net growth might be less than deliveries (like it has been every year since 2006)? Nah.....

Back on topic, for those in Phase II we hope to see you soon. Even near the bottom of the barrel and with the frustrations I've voiced, it's a pretty decent place to work; there are definite blemishes that will likely be solved only when we organize. In the mean-time, you may note some of our very senior brethren take it personally when we don't drink the blue kool-aide....

Last edited:
That would be FANTASTIC, I'm wearing holes in the carpet from pacing

Not to be debbie downer, but are you really that excited to sit RSV in JFK on the 190 as an FO for the next 8 -10 years ? JB is the future USAIR 15 year upgrades and zero movement. Good luck to you though !

Latest resources

Back