• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB Candidates in phase II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have heard that the numbers are significantly less than what most are expecting. The rumors circulating are 25-50 to be hired for our upcomming airplanes, but the first new hire class will not start until Jan. It makes no sense considering the delivery schedule, but we have not received the 7 Airbus's yet and supposidly 2 of those are in such bad shape that we won't be taking them. The other 5 are still scattered all over Europe and the Middle East. We need pilots, but management seems to be content with running things very thin and trying to get thru the fall lull before hiring

incorrect...Barger and Ed Barns (CFO) in a JFK Pocket session last week said on video...10 aircraft this year 9 aircraft next year...this year 4 E 190's 6 A320's...2 of the E 190's are already on line. The VP of Flt Ops said on the same video that we would be hiring Pilots this year.

I don't care what Dave and Ed said...I was just telling you the status of those aircraft. We were supposed to have received 2 of those airbus's already. It goes back to the whole I'll believe it when I call for gear up in it. I'm sure we will be getting the planes...the time frame is all I'm questioning. You'll know that they're comming as soon as we have a new hire class

It goes back to the whole I'll believe it when I call for gear up in it

I used to think "Until I see it on the ramp and on the bid pack" was enough. Then we got two spare airplanes from another regional. The above is more accurate considering the first two "flights" I had in one consisted of two gate returns. Those were even a week apart.

So basically it is exactly what we were told on the interview, in our phase II emails and our July 6 updates... "We dont know anything, but it looks like it will be between August and January"

This whole thing could implode very quickly... All the people I know in phase II have not recieved the paperwork they were told to expect at the begining of the month...

Last edited:
So basically it is exactly what we were told on the interview, in our phase II emails and our July 6 updates... "We dont know anything, but it looks like it will be between August and January"

This whole thing could implode very quickly... All the people I know in phase II have not recieved the paperwork they were told to expect at the begining of the month...

I have been told that in the past they have brought people to class and run the background check at the same time, with the opportunity to self disclose. If they need people in August, perhaps this is something they might consider?

I was in the sim before I finished phase II in 08', but these are different days...

...and so it begins.

wow now they treat the potential new hires like the rest of the pilots here..

Keep confident guys i can assure you that we are drastically understaffed.

the sept bids are out and our monthly bid divisor difference between last year and this year is a 14 hour increase yoy....

We are going to need 75-150 pilots asap..

Management is trying to get blood from a stone and are falling on their own sword as the operation falls apart.. Guess they figured all the pilots would go above and beyond as they had in other years..

Talked to a friend of mine today as we were both starting our respective trips. He is about 25-30% on the CA list. He hasn't flown less than 90 hr/mo all year. This month, he has 90 hrs, w/ 12 days off-- not commutable. He can't PTO a trip to save his life-- no reserve coverage. He looked burned out and hadn't even started his 4 day yet. He WILL time out before the end of the year. Management is running the operation into the ground. There is no advantage in seniority. Unless you are in the top 100-150 here, you have virtually no control of your life. At our current "pace", my friend is looking at having the same schedule for the next 10 years. I am looking at retiring in the right seat of the Airbus in 20 years. If our company is around that long.... I would be surprised if it is.

Talked to a friend of mine today as we were both starting our respective trips. He is about 25-30% on the CA list. He hasn't flown less than 90 hr/mo all year. This month, he has 90 hrs, w/ 12 days off-- not commutable. He can't PTO a trip to save his life-- no reserve coverage. He looked burned out and hadn't even started his 4 day yet. He WILL time out before the end of the year. Management is running the operation into the ground. There is no advantage in seniority. Unless you are in the top 100-150 here, you have virtually no control of your life. At our current "pace", my friend is looking at having the same schedule for the next 10 years. I am looking at retiring in the right seat of the Airbus in 20 years. If our company is around that long.... I would be surprised if it is.

I don't feel sorry for that guy.......call in sick!! It's that simple, pilots do it every day. These guys that are flying like this are part of the problem.
BTW, how do you know what this airline is doing in 20 years? Just curious.......I don't think anybody else does.

CD

Latest resources

Back