• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB Candidates in phase II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The math on the 90% checks out. The "fixed" percentage for FOs? Not so much. First year us about 34% of CA, 2nd year is about 49%, 3rd year 57%, 4th 61% and 5th 63%. That's a pretty varied "fixed" percentage. The percentages match for both fleet types, so the formula for arriving at FO pay is certainly off of a percentage, but it looks like the percentage changes from year to year. To me, a "fixed" percentage would be "FO pay is 60% of CA pay."

The math on the 90% checks out. The "fixed" percentage for FOs? Not so much. First year us about 34% of CA, 2nd year is about 49%, 3rd year 57%, 4th 61% and 5th 63%. That's a pretty varied "fixed" percentage. The percentages match for both fleet types, so the formula for arriving at FO pay is certainly off of a percentage, but it looks like the percentage changes from year to year. To me, a "fixed" percentage would be "FO pay is 60% of CA pay."

Do some homework. Go look at every other legacy carrier and how they calculate FO pay. It pretty much follows our model, or the other way around. Read the PCRB from 2008, that's where the numbers came from.......studying and comparing other airlines method of pay.

CD

Vote ALPA

Your point is accurate. I'm glad there are some new guys joining us, but please be realistic and have managed expectations. Your hope to improve your QOL once you are here will be very much dependent on Work Rule changes and the pay in your IOE seat. There will be very little chance for upgrade for quite some time. You will sit reserve FOR A LONG TIME. If you live in New York, Boston, Orlando, FLL, or So.Cal, bless your heart. You will probably be very happy (initially). Being on reserve every weekend and holiday for about 5 years will start to wear thin.

I've been with the company for about 5 years and can say that I am honestly never planning on upgrading here. At our growth/retirement rate a seat won't even be available for me for at least another 5 years. And then it will be sitting reserve probably until I retire. No thanks. I don't really want to be in my late 50's waiting for a callout while sleeping in a crashpad in NY, just to fly a red-eye turn to DR. But that's me. Your mileage may differ....

I'm confused, I've been with the company for about 5 years and have been a captain for 4, off reserve for 2 1/2. What happened with your bid?

CD

Do some homework. Go look at every other legacy carrier and how they calculate FO pay. It pretty much follows our model, or the other way around. Read the PCRB from 2008, that's where the numbers came from.......studying and comparing other airlines method of pay.

CD

Vote ALPA

Oh, I'm aware of that. I was just pointing out that the FO pay being a fixed percentage of the CA pay wasn't an entirely true statement.

I'm confused, I've been with the company for about 5 years and have been a captain for 4, off reserve for 2 1/2. What happened with your bid?

CD

Not sure you've noticed, but 190's have gone kinda senior lately... I expect that to continue. Don't you?

Not sure you've noticed, but 190's have gone kinda senior lately... I expect that to continue. Don't you?

Absolutely, I figure 20 planes for me to move up at all. Just responding to someone with my same seniority saying no upgrade.......could have, but obviously didn't. There are 190 Capt. with just over 4 years.

CD

Nothing in our PEA says that rates will be 90/66-60%.

We can work backwards to find the percentage but the percentage is not in our agreement.

I would expect the next contract for the E190 to be less than 90% of the A320 CA because certain select CBCers are already rumbling that was to rich even though they proved to themselves that it was industry standard.

All this 90-60-66% talk is moot. They gave us this last year to quell an uprising. NOTHING states that it can will or should stay that way. Well all the promises that followed have been nothing but lip service and lies, work arounds and well placed delays.

Soon we will not have to beg for scraps, we will negotiate what is the best available.

Vote early vote often.

It's just business.

First new hire class will be in September. I think it will be held on or about the 8th...

This was said by VP of OPs but he doesn't make the decision.

The CFO a week or so ago said that we 'plan' on 'netting' 8 aircraft a year though 2016.

He makes the decision.

Good luck to all new hires. If you live in base, all we be okay if you can live on reserve guarantee for 2-3 years.

Last edited:
This CFO is calling the shots. Barger out busy getting new international feed. It is concerning he says 'Jetblue wants to fund all growth through cash flow' . Capital intensive industries do not fund all growth through free cash flow. This is not a low barrier to entry arena. Would any CFO fund an automobile or steel factory with free cash flow? The place would never get off the ground. His comments have been cryptic.

CFOs take over when the BOD says fatten this cattle up for the ranchers auction.
A very influential CFO took over CAL. 6 months later shazam...............

Latest resources

Back