• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB 190 Raise

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah, you should have gotten an industry leading contract with the numbers you were posting...
I know the guy, and it's lame to try to bash all his efforts here. Also, I doubt he knew he was going to Jetblue the whole time the contract was being negotiated.

You have no clue. Ask him. He announced he was going to JB during contract negotiations.

The MEC chair you refer to happens to be a stand up guy. He removed himself from the negotiations you speak of btw as he was in phase 2 at jb during the time. I saw him announce this publicly at the start of the road shows back then. Your post is a complete fabrication. Regardless of what you think of him, the guy did more for that pilot group than you ever dreamed about/complained about on these message boards. besides, its moot...aca is unfortunately long gone.

Phase 2. Which is what? A freaking back round check. He was hired and negotiating in complete conflict of interest. It is moot until you hire him as MEC of JB union. I have too many friends there to not bring up his history and indiscretions. However, fortunately ACA is long gone. Seems like everyone is in a better place except the two idiots who killed it.

And, $80-90K as PIC on the E190 won't go far in NY.

No disrespected intended to the locals....
(as it's a cool place to visit)
But who the hell wants to live there? I'd rather commute as do many others.....
Living in NY is not a requirement last time I checked is it?

Phase 2. Which is what? A freaking back round check. He was hired and negotiating in complete conflict of interest. It is moot until you hire him as MEC of JB union. I have too many friends there to not bring up his history and indiscretions. However, fortunately ACA is long gone. Seems like everyone is in a better place except the two idiots who killed it.

Wrong! The two idiots got thier golden parachutes and are better off than most of us!

I believe the top of scale for 190 Capt's is at the 6 year rate for the next few years. 7-12 is blocked out in the scale that was included in my recall notice.

I did not know recalls to the E190 were for Captains.

...just trying to pass some info (to JB) on pay rates for the 190.

Wrong! The two idiots got thier golden parachutes and are better off than most of us!

Skeen got a couple million bucks from his insurance policy and Moore got zilch.

A couple million for a CEO is nothing. He probably won't be running any corp. anytime soon due to his major screw up.

im a 6 year captain. ill finish with a little over 900 CREDIT hours. i commute to jfk. i averaged 15 1/2 days a month for the year. my w-2 will show 140,474. no cspp or stock options.

hope you win the bet.
Captain,
My math shows 900 hours for the year to be equal to 840 hours of regular pay and 60 hours of premium. That's only 75 hours a month.
840 hours x $125.56 (7-year straight time)= $105,470.40
60 hours premium x $188.34 (7-year premium)= $11,300.40
That comes to $116,770.80
Did you fly less than guarantee some months and extra premium others?
Sell PTO? Where did the extra 23 thousand bucks come from? That's another 126 hours of premium.
I'm not doubting you, I'd just like to know your strategy!

Bavarian Chef......the guy asked a question, I simply answered him. I dont know how much 320 ca's make in general. My buddy lives in base as I stated and I tried to make it clear that it was not the norm...hence I mentioned that most ca's make in the low 100's 110-130. I just gave him an example of what a senior 320 ca that I know makes. How can you be upset with that. Maybe I did not make it clear..so I am sorry about that. A friend of mine who is a check airman makes over 170....but that is NOT the norm. Other guys that I know usually make in the 120-130 range, I would guess that is the norm. As for the purse slap comment...really nice. If you knew me I doubt you would say that to my face. btw, what the heck is a purse slap :)

Sorry for the confusion, like I said, I was simply answering the guys question based on what my 320 ca friends make. As for how much I fly, usually in the 85 CREDIT hour range per month.

Purse slap is kinda military. Kind of a cheap comeback or a comeback with no flair. Yes I would say that to your face. You civvies are all dorks. I would say that too.

85 hours is a lot, but then as a 190 CA you have to do sumpin' to pay the bills. Good luck with that.

When I said "how much you want to fly" all I could think was ... who wants to fly? I fly for chics, money and booze and oh yeah, almost forgot and that house/wife/kids I leave 15 days a month. All the cool flying I've done I did a long time ago and all the flying I do now is a job. All it takes is one IROP (every month or is it every trip?) to settle that one for me.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back