• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JB 190 Raise

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow, all without a Union. Now lets see if ALPA can follow their lead.

The DAL pilot pay rate on the E190 would have to go down at least $14/hr to match that pay rate. No thanks. However, I am glad to see an improvement in JBLU pay rates. It is a move in the right direction.

Last edited:
AA717....One of my best friends is a 320 CA here and he made just over $152,000 on his last paycheck. Been here for 5 years now. He also lives in base and picks up a few trips a month along with a few deadhead trips. I think he flys about 85 hours a month and credits around 90 or so. I hope this helps. We have some guys here that will top 170,000 and a few others that are around 130,000...it just depends on where you live and how much you want to fly.

Last edited:
I think you have 2 former ALPA MEC presidents from 1 former big east coast regional airline. Maybe they can help you out.

Talking about the guy from ACA? He helped "negotiate" a contract for us all the while knowing he was going to jetBlue. He threw us under the bus and took off. I'm sure his ALPA Blue buddies are going to climb all over me for it but he was f-ing us front and back when he should have been stepping down for conflict of interest.

If I could remember his name I'd post it.

AA717....One of my best friends is a 320 CA here and he made just over $152,000 on his last paycheck. Been here for 5 years now. He also lives in base and picks up a few trips a month along with a few deadhead trips. I think he flys about 85 hours a month and credits around 90 or so. I hope this helps. We have some guys here that will top 170,000 and a few others that are around 130,000...it just depends on where you live and how much you want to fly.

Gimme a break! If I didn't have to run down to the hotel van, I'd give you a mighty purse slap. This post may be true, but is in NO WAY representative of the true compensation levels at jb.

How much you want to fly? Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Opening offer from the AWA/AAA Joint Negotiating Committee for a 12 year CA and FO on the E190 are as follows:
CA125/hr
Fo 85/hr.
Again, these are the opening proposals in negotiations, however, since the E190's are to be on the East certificate, all pilots will be at the 12 year rate.
Current rates are:
CA 95/hr.
Fo 52/hr.

Really? I thought I was going back at 3rd year pay. Cool.

Bavarian Chef......the guy asked a question, I simply answered him. I dont know how much 320 ca's make in general. My buddy lives in base as I stated and I tried to make it clear that it was not the norm...hence I mentioned that most ca's make in the low 100's 110-130. I just gave him an example of what a senior 320 ca that I know makes. How can you be upset with that. Maybe I did not make it clear..so I am sorry about that. A friend of mine who is a check airman makes over 170....but that is NOT the norm. Other guys that I know usually make in the 120-130 range, I would guess that is the norm. As for the purse slap comment...really nice. If you knew me I doubt you would say that to my face. btw, what the heck is a purse slap :)

Sorry for the confusion, like I said, I was simply answering the guys question based on what my 320 ca friends make. As for how much I fly, usually in the 85 CREDIT hour range per month.

Last edited:
im a 6 year captain. ill finish with a little over 900 CREDIT hours. i commute to jfk. i averaged 15 1/2 days a month for the year. my w-2 will show 140,474. no cspp or stock options.

hope you win the bet.

Talking about the guy from ACA? He helped "negotiate" a contract for us all the while knowing he was going to jetBlue. He threw us under the bus and took off. I'm sure his ALPA Blue buddies are going to climb all over me for it but he was f-ing us front and back when he should have been stepping down for conflict of interest.

The MEC chair you refer to happens to be a stand up guy. He removed himself from the negotiations you speak of btw as he was in phase 2 at jb during the time. I saw him announce this publicly at the start of the road shows back then. Your post is a complete fabrication. Regardless of what you think of him, the guy did more for that pilot group than you ever dreamed about/complained about on these message boards. besides, its moot...aca is unfortunately long gone.

Opening offer from the AWA/AAA Joint Negotiating Committee for a 12 year CA and FO on the E190 are as follows:
CA125/hr
Fo 85/hr.
Again, these are the opening proposals in negotiations, however, since the E190's are to be on the East certificate, all pilots will be at the 12 year rate.
Current rates are:
CA 95/hr.
Fo 52/hr.

I believe the top of scale for 190 Capt's is at the 6 year rate for the next few years. 7-12 is blocked out in the scale that was included in my recall notice.

Yeah, you should have gotten an industry leading contract with the numbers you were posting...
I know the guy, and it's lame to try to bash all his efforts here. Also, I doubt he knew he was going to Jetblue the whole time the contract was being negotiated.

Latest resources

Back