• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's Official...The 717's are going to Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think this is the most pissed ive seen our pilot group. Unbelievable.....PCL is right, this has upset the rank and file greatly. Then Chase boasts about the SW fo's upgrades. We do represent 25% of the list, why the heck rub our faces in the mud!!

An ATL base was already coming, it was just a matter of time. Doesn't do much to help the 300 out of 500 717 CA's that just got the rug yanked out from under them, or the 2/3 of our pilots who really don't care to be in ATL anyway. Jamie's seniority calculator shows guys wanting to go all over the system, ATL isn't everyone's first choice by any means.

The only real thing that would help is to snap up the pay rates now like they were going to back on April 1st with SIA 1.

We can't get our seniority back, we can't get those CA seats back, we can't get our previous credit hours back that we're losing every month...

The only salve for this is the pay rates - it's the only thing they really have to give us that benefits everyone here, besides Pay Protection for those displaced CA's, which management told us time and time again they will not do.

I agree with my coworkers, pay parity now is what is called for here.

It's already hit the fan, red. Our pilots are livid, and not just the usual suspects. SWA management couldn't possibly have handled this any worse. They need to engage in some massive damage control. Waiting weeks or months to make those sorts of announcements will only allow the anger to fester. Not good.

PCL, I completely understand and that is with the utmost sincerity. We, as a group have a little more time before this really gets cranking and hopefully the GO will get some damage control going. I hope we get more info from Gary et all about where all these decisons are headed. Even if we are fat on pilots later, I don't see Gary reaching for the F lever. He will do everything he can to keep us all on property.

Pay parity just ain't gonna happen. And if you are walking around with anger, let it go, it won't help you with anything.

this just doesn't add up, get rid of jets, get less jets, keep same number of bodies= overstaffed by 15-20%.

Same thing happened at Delta over the last 8 months. Huge Capacity pulldown. Most lines were near 70 hours from OCT to MAY of this year. June finally picked up the slack.

Bye Bye---General Lee

So let me get this straight- you guys will do what exactly with your anger?

What possible good does it do?

As far as pay parity- getting that might help your AT brethren forget that their reps denied them the right to that- but now that nothing outside the agreements signed has occurred, you think you have leverage only bc you're upset?

This airline, and none that I know of, will reward a temper tantrum.

Beside PCL- I thought you said this wasn't about money- if it's not about money, then how does pay parity help. This accelerates AT pilots to the SWA partition, where you can have all the pay parity and block hours you can finagle system wide.

IMO, this is a good thing culturally- AT pilots want to live coast to coast- this accelerates that- breaks up the AT cliques a bit and gets us flying together faster.

Is that wrong?

Just remember- there will be unexpected good things that also occur- will you be as overjoyed about those as you are extremely pissed about this??

Sorry kids- much ado about nothing- we have execs and managers working at a fraction of other execs trying to do right by us- freaking out, spring loaded to the most negative interpretation possible before this even gets fleshed out- accomplishes nothing.

As far as the F word- SWA proved to me in '09 it's chops on not furloughing- and so did the entire pilot group- it's one reason I care about this place so much- EVERY OTHER AIRLINE FURLOUGHED AT FIRST OPPORTUNITY - INCLUDING AIR TRAN. So just stop.

As Buddha says:
"you are not punished for your anger, you are punished by your anger"

It'll be your heart attack- your arguments with your spouses- no one else's

Frankly, wave, you're not even worth conversing with at this point. Some of your SWA brothers have had the common decency to post some sympathetic thoughts, but you stubbornly refuse to acknowledge even the slightest bit that we've been given an unfair shake in this whole mess.

Frankly, wave, you're not even worth conversing with at this point. Some of your SWA brothers have had the common decency to post some sympathetic thoughts, but you stubbornly refuse to acknowledge even the slightest bit that we've been given an unfair shake in this whole mess.

I just want to say thanks to my SWA brothers who acknowledge the departure from the plan. Obviously we have no leverage here at AT. To shove that in our faces is frankly cruel. All we can do is wait and see what DAL does and what SWA decides to do. They told us last week if the 717s left, they would meet with us. So, nothing to do but wait and try not to piss each other off.

Yes- I refuse to be sympathetic to pilots who end up on the swapa seniority list making six figures-

There are a lot of pilots on these boards who, while extending their "sympathies" would give their left nut to be in your situation.

I simply don't see why you think you're getting a raw deal. I believe you're acting like kids and you haven't provided any rational argument as to how you've been negatively affected.

I simply don't see why you think you're getting a raw deal. I believe you're acting like kids and you haven't provided any rational argument as to how you've been negatively affected.

Thanks for the insight Wave, are you part of the 10% or is this prevalant accross the board? With your mindset, it's pointless to continue rehashing this, you think we won the lottery, we think we got the shaft. In a perfect world, the reallity would be somewhere in the middle, however, with both our pilot groups, we won't see it that way for a long time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back