Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's official my doctor says these schedules are making me PHYSICALLY SICK!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it's obvious there is an industry-wide burn out. Gone all the time, sleep dysrhythmia, high stress, low pay, etc. for what? Even the majors are now working regional-like schedules for less and less pay. I wonder what it will be like one day when all flights are cancelled due to lack of crew interest?

16 hr duty days
8 hr layovers because of flow (5 hrs sleep)
time zone changes
rainy swaps every other leg in ORD
am shift then pm shift then am.........
climate changes

More frequent flu,

More colds,

I am sick right now with 102 temp, you should see the color of my snot,

I have not mentioned this before on this message board but in 2 months I am leaving 8 years at SkyWest to be a stay at home dad, and thank god, it will be saving my health (among other things)

-GOO

Maybe if you would have taken your head out of the goo, learned how to use PBS properly you would have had much better schedules. Also if you would have put just 1/4 the energy into your PBS bids that you put into whining about everything under the sun you probably wouldn't have had those duty days. BTW SkyWest has a 14hr max. If you don't want to goto 16 hours then call the company up and say your done.

All that aside good riddance. Though I no longer work for SkyWest I am glad I never had to listen to your constant ranting and raving. Maybe you didn't rant and rave as much in the cockpit but you sure do on the internet.

Maybe if you would have taken your head out of the goo, learned how to use PBS properly you would have had much better schedules. Also if you would have put just 1/4 the energy into your PBS bids that you put into whining about everything under the sun you probably wouldn't have had those duty days. BTW SkyWest has a 14hr max. If you don't want to goto 16 hours then call the company up and say your done.

All that aside good riddance. Though I no longer work for SkyWest I am glad I never had to listen to your constant ranting and raving. Maybe you didn't rant and rave as much in the cockpit but you sure do on the internet.

You must be a joy to fly with. The guy comes on here and says what we are all thinking....ie these schedules suck and are taking way too much of my life away to be worth it.

If you are a managments boy toy and bring your own lube than thats fine, but dont slam on a guy that is speaking his mind. If your a complete looser and have found your mecca in the airlines than congrats your a retard.

You must be a joy to fly with. The guy comes on here and says what we are all thinking....ie these schedules suck and are taking way too much of my life away to be worth it.

If you are a managments boy toy and bring your own lube than thats fine, but dont slam on a guy that is speaking his mind. If your a complete looser and have found your mecca in the airlines than congrats your a retard.

well said sir....im surprised no one has mentioned the toll it takes on your family life and relationships yet

well said sir....im surprised no one has mentioned the toll it takes on your family life and relationships yet

dont forget your health. my blood pressure was like 140/85 (yeah just 15 points between me and FAA paperwork) and my colesterol was looking rough. all starting to get bad. and i was getting constant broncitis and picked up the flu once this year. I was living on the coutch due to perma-fatigue.

I took some time off, strung together a bunch of vacation days, and regular days into a monster industry vacation.

I ate normal people food, left coffee at the airport, slept a crap load, and my blood pressure dropped to 105/75.... when you blood pressure gos that low its probably because you adrenal glands shut down for the first time in years

I think it's obvious there is an industry-wide burn out. Gone all the time, sleep dysrhythmia, high stress, low pay, etc. for what? Even the majors are now working regional-like schedules for less and less pay. I wonder what it will be like one day when all flights are cancelled due to lack of crew interest?

On that day i think all airline pilots and F/As should get an amtrak ticket to vegas to start a much deserved 5 day bender.

2 points NEWMAN

1. We have no 14 hr max, its 16, so get your facts straight.

2. I said in my post, "8 hr layovers because of flow" Last time I checked PBS had no "avoid flow" line property?

-Goo

Latest resources

Back