Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's official my doctor says these schedules are making me PHYSICALLY SICK!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have been reading this stuff for 3-4 years now and it has helped out with decisions like picking a regional based on where I live and not commuting etc..

How long can the regionals continue in this state of the industry? Aren't things bound to change for the better in the next 5 or so years?

Bumming me out man. Is there anyone with positive vibes around here?

I'm positive nothing will change, PNCL pilots have been waiting for things to change there for 16 years.

While pass riding back in the Mid to late 80's (as in 1980) the passenger sitting next to me was a doctor who was doing studies on FedX pilots. In those days most of their flying was behind the clock. She said that fewer than 60% of them made it to retirement due to failed health.

When you are twenty you are bullet proof but your mind is writing checks your body can't cash.

With the stupid FAA work rules and the airlines abusing them like crazy I think you will see many more pilots find other careers.

With the stupid FAA work rules and the airlines abusing them like crazy I think you will see many more pilots find other careers.

Yeah, I know of two people who stayed at two different regionals for only 3 months and said that it was B/S. I may know of a third one very soon...

Rocks,

I will admit that I Tivo and watch the apprentice, well late last season one of the apprenti referred to himself (jokingly) in the board room to "The Donald" and the world as "White Trash" and was immediately "your fired!" for it

Someone who refers to himself as white trash (even jokingly) is a whale and not a shark and would definatly (sp?) let mgt walk all over him.

-Goo

p.s. this is way off topic

Goo- Good for you. You'll miss the airplane and that will be about the end of it. Somebody else mentioned blood pressure and cholesterol, I had the same problems. I could sit in base on RSV and fly 20 hrs. a month, to me that was great. I got to fly a little, got paid a little, and was able to manage my life. After six months of 100 hours, everything went to hell. Faced with at least six more months of that, I quit. I as well as the people sitting behind us deserve nothing but the best. Regardless of what people are paying for tickets. Someone wondered what it will take. That's easy. Fatal accidents, with fatigue up near the top of the list. Until then, everyone rolls the dice.....

Hey guys,

I've got Hellonewman on my ignore list. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't quote his sorry ass. I don't care to read what he has to write.

Thank you.

Normal Speed,

I thought this tread was going to turn into a slam session on goo. Its encouraging to see that it didn't.

Its crazy to see young 21 year old F/Os that look about 12 walk in the door bright eyed and amped to be flying for the airlines. Then you see them again about three years later and they look like they are 35, bags under their eyes, burnt out and tired. If you say hi to them they give you a depressed "what up" or just ignore you and keep walking.

If your health is slipping then take a long term leave to regroup, or get out all together. Being a captain at the regionals or a 737 f/o is not "making it" and you can always get back into it if you feel better a year or two down the line.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back