Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's official my doctor says these schedules are making me PHYSICALLY SICK!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Because a lot of pilots were Dean's List types in science and engineering who could have done anything they put their mind to. I have known some absolutely intelligent guys that fly for a living. It really has nothing to do with passing a type ride.

Photo pilot NO doubt!

As for Papps smear keep yanking gear.

I know plenty of docs that are smart but all they do is memorize items for the required exams and then leave sponges and disfigure patients and operate when unnecessary.

Last edited:
Where did you head soverytired? Still running the sims?

Somewhere better, and it's not another regional.

Most importantly, it ain't Mesa and I've had 8 hours a sleep every night for the past month. How pathetic is it that 8 hours of nightly sleep is considered unusual instead of normal?

(Never was a sim jockey . . . must've been my charming personality that kept me out of the department . . .:)

Photo pilot NO doubt!

As for Papps smear keep yanking gear.

I know plenty of docs that are smart but all they do is memorize items for the required exams and then leave sponges and disfigure patients and operate when unnecessary.

lol Some guy was so pissed about my post that he PMed me to tell me how smart we are as pilots. That post was not flame, my bad.

I have flown with new F/O's that are so bummed about pay that they tell me they should have gone to med school. I just tighten my straps, and let the F/O explain his intellect to me for about 300 miles

The next day the F/O arrives at the plane with his epaulets on backwards, and tells me how he failed out of college after two weeks.

I'm an O.K pilot but probably would have failed out of med school as would alot of the guys that i fly and drink beer with.

Good for you.

I am out also due to the life style. The regionals are a good place to build time but after that it is over, no future.

New regional pilots may not see this, but you should listen and make good decisions because you will be in the same position some day soon.

I say this is a line, it's some poor F/O sitting resv and wants there number bumbed up... a fantastic attempt at breacking the camels back, can't say I blame him

Wow....I vote this thread should be a sticky! This industry has turned to ********************....the only thing keeping me going is it hopefully it will get better.....i'm not going to be waiting around too long, however. Online MBA here I come!

New regional pilots may not see this, but you should listen and make good decisions because you will be in the same position some day soon.

I have been reading this stuff for 3-4 years now and it has helped out with decisions like picking a regional based on where I live and not commuting etc..

How long can the regionals continue in this state of the industry? Aren't things bound to change for the better in the next 5 or so years?

Bumming me out man. Is there anyone with positive vibes around here?

Last edited:
I have been reading this stuff for 3-4 years now and it has helped out with decisions like picking a regional based on where I live and not commuting etc..

How long can the regionals continue in this state of the industry? Aren't things bound to change for the better in the next 5 or so years?

Bumming me out man. Is there anyone with positive vibes around here?

mcjohn,

im usually just a lurker around here, but I know you said you flew banners and then you were looking at cargo? You thinking about the regionals now?

16 hr duty days
8 hr layovers because of flow (5 hrs sleep)
time zone changes
rainy swaps every other leg in ORD
am shift then pm shift then am.........
climate changes

More frequent flu,

More colds,

I am sick right now with 102 temp, you should see the color of my snot,

I have not mentioned this before on this message board but in 2 months I am leaving 8 years at SkyWest to be a stay at home dad, and thank god, it will be saving my health (among other things)

-GOO

Three words.... Crystal Meth.. it may mess up youre spelling and math, but it sure helps on those 4our day trips. get some from your F/A on your next trip..

mcjohn,

im usually just a lurker around here, but I know you said you flew banners and then you were looking at cargo? You thinking about the regionals now?

I'm already in. My training is pretty much complete and I'm currently in the IOE phase. Having weighed many factors it was in my best interest to do this right now. I busted my ass to get the 135 mins and was torn between this airline, Flight Express, Airnet and Ram Air. I ultimately wanted the one that had the most benefits and didn't involve a relocation for my family so here I am. :0

Latest resources

Back