Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

It's official my doctor says these schedules are making me PHYSICALLY SICK!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

inthegoo

16 hr duty days
8 hr layovers because of flow (5 hrs sleep)
time zone changes
rainy swaps every other leg in ORD
am shift then pm shift then am.........
climate changes

More frequent flu,

More colds,

I am sick right now with 102 temp, you should see the color of my snot,

I have not mentioned this before on this message board but in 2 months I am leaving 8 years at SkyWest to be a stay at home dad, and thank god, it will be saving my health (among other things)

-GOO

Last edited:
damn dude....thats a cake schedule at cjc! we'd be threatened for being sick,and asked to do part 91 flying on top of that gravy.

16 hr duty days
time zone changes
climate changes

More frequent flu,

More colds,

I have not mentioned this before on this message board but in 2 months I am leaving 8 years at SkyWest to be a stay at home dad, and thank god, it will be saving my health (among other things)

-GOO

Good thing you decided not to go to medical school. You definitely couldn't hack a hard schedule.

rocks,

way to aim high!

though you accepting that kinda schedule makes sense since your refer to yourself as "white trash"

-goo

Last edited:
Looks like we need the equivilent of the "super size me" movie. How about "reassign me" movie - to show our health suffers

16 hr duty days
time zone changes
climate changes

More frequent flu,

More colds,

-GOO

??? 8 years at SKW should get you a better schedule than that....maybe you should try Denver?

16 hr duty days
time zone changes
climate changes

More frequent flu,

More colds,

-GOO

I applaud you! Dont listen to these tough guys. They are full of shizzle. I was about to call it quits on aviation myself coming up on my tenth year at Skywest. Gave it one last hurray to make a change and it worked out. I can tell you my health took a dive in my time there. Almost every part of what was good at skywest is now gone anyway. I can tell you the greener grass really is greener once you get there. Wherever you end up, Mr. Mom or somewhere else, good job in making it as far as you did and calling it like you see it....not making up some nonsense story to impress your friends:)

16 hr duty days
time zone changes
climate changes

More frequent flu,

More colds,

-GOO

Congrats!!! Leave of absence or for good, and where can I sign up???

Last edited:
The schedules at the mainline carriers are not any better under PBS.

Of course, getting up at 05:30 to drive into the big city and getting back home at 07:30 makes for a pretty long day also.

Of course, getting up at 05:30 to drive into the big city and getting back home at 07:30 makes for a pretty long day also.

That rox!!! Sign me up for the 0530-0730 shift. I could be fishing by 0900 every day!

Goo,
Good man, being a Mr. Mom. I do it part time on my days off to save day care $$$. I love taking the kids to the park on a hot day. All the hottie MILF's love seeing a dad with 3 kids. Works good in the produce section of your local supermarket too ;) G'luck!

Latest resources

Back