Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyinloki

R.I.P. Dan and Terry
I saw a add on AviationInterviews.com that says they are hiring FOs. I thought they had just furloughed not so long ago. Whats the word from anybody over at XO? I know a former Cherry Air guy on here works there. Whats the word man?

sounds like they can hire new people for less than they were paying the guys they fired....

nothing but first class i see....

Peachy...kinda figured it was something fishy like that.

Be sure to get your advice from someone who doesn't/hasn't ever worked here. That's always a good source to listen to.

Be sure to get your advice from someone who doesn't/hasn't ever worked here. That's always a good source to listen to.

So at best your advice is negligible? Perhaps biased? And uninformed?

Last edited:
So at best your advice is negligible? Perhaps biased? And uniformed?

Negligible? Well, I do work here...so I'd say my advice/response carries more weight than that from someone who doesn't.

Biased? Sure, to an extent. While I'll be the first to admit that our RIF was a black-eye on the history of our company, it's not going to stop us from moving forward and getting on with life.

Uniformed? Ironic that you misspell 'uninformed'...not sure what you mean, regardless. Care to try again?

To the original posters questions...not sure if we have any interviews coming up, but a class of 6 just went through indoc and initial training. We had a round of layoffs in November, 2008. They were not furloughed, as we don't have a union and are not working under a contract. It has it benefits, as well as its obvious downsides. Take the time to learn for yourself about a company you'd consider working at before jumping to conclusions based on what you read here or any other message board. I think most of us wish Nov '08 would have been handled differently, but it's too late for that.

Latest resources

Back