• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is the worst over at Flexjet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes, you could ask for the camera but no it solves nothing. The quality is so poor that you cannot even see what the instruments are doing. All you can really see is whether there is good CRM. I tried on one session.

However, for all of the conspiracy theorists out there, let's look at the facts though shall we? We have 370 pilots give or take a few. That equates to approximately 740 checkrides a year. This year to my knowledge, and this is what we hear on the line since I am not in the school house anymore, we have had approximately 5 TRB's. Out of those 5, I only know of one person who was terminated after their second failed checkride post TRB. Now let's remember that in order to fail a 135 checkride, you have to bust 3 maneuvers within the ride. So to be terminated, you have to have busted 6 items within 2 checkrides. I don't want to put my family in an airplane with that guy, do you?

Now I realize that I am no mathmatician, but if I am right, that works out to a .0027 percent termination rate from folks not being able to pass their rides from the training center. For those wondering, my math was 1 divided into 370 since this is July. If you actually take the fact that we are in the 7th month, that percentage is lower.

Now the comment has been made regarding the fact that we don't hear about people going to the TRB and passing the second ride. If you busted your ride and went to the TRB, would you be going around bragging about? I don't think so. The bottom line is that those who are bashing the center are either as clueless as a Darwin award winner or know that their skills are so shoddy at best, that they themselves are worried that they can no longer pass the rides that all of us pass on a regular basis.

Take a look at you own skills before casting stones.

Turn on the camera. Solves everthing!

The bottom line on the training department at Flexjet is that way too many people have lost their jobs due to failed checkrides and, not once has anyone considered it a training department problem. Since my time here, I can recall quite a few firings from checkrides yet, I have never heard of a failure that eventually resulted in a subsequent pass. This should raise flags that our training dept needs to be looked at very thoroughly but, that will never happen until lawyers or the FAA gets involved.

It's almost unbelievable how someone who is so uninformed and ignorant can come on here and post such dribble. You are so clueless it's comical. Your probably one of the liabilities we have currently flying at Flex that the training center hasn't been able get rid of yet. Study those memory items and limitations Ace.

Your avatar is dead on cantstandya.

Your probably one of the liabilities we have currently flying at Flex that the training center hasn't been able get rid of yet.

You were pretty believable up to the point you said this. I thought you guys don't get rid of people. I thought you just do check rides and call it how you see it? Why would you try to "get rid" of someone if all those instructors over there are such great people?

Last edited:
Your probably one of the liabilities we have currently flying at Flex that the training center hasn't been able get rid of yet. Study those memory items and limitations Ace.

Ironically you just played into his hands. Check.

Eye,

I think what he meant was that this guys skills are so marginal and yet he manages to squeek by in training. Again, if you think that the center would be doing managements dirty work, just read my last post above. The number just don't match what this uninformed individual is spewing.

When one of our guys/gals busts a ride, it is a pain in the arse for the instructors. I am still hedging my bets that this guy is just scared because his/her flying skills are less than marginal and he/she only knows it is a matter of time before their lack of flying ability catches up with them.

You were pretty believable up to the point you said this. I thought you guys don't get rid of people. I thought you just do check rides and call it how you see it? Why would you try to "get rid" of someone if all those instructors over there are such great people?

Latest resources

Back