• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Mesaba the next Newco?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No one ever seems to feel threated by the second certificate 9E has been developing with much cooperation from NWA over the past year. Mesaba is in CH 11 now and it would be impossible for them to aquire any new airplanes until reorganization is complete. Pinnacle on the other hand can line up new investors on a new certificate, form a holdings company to scope out current 9E pilots, and fly 70-90 seaters at what ever rate NWA wants them for with pilots of their choice. All indications lead to this direction at least until Mesaba completes reorganization. Be aware... a storm is coming...

SRMairlines said:
No one ever seems to feel threated by the second certificate 9E has been developing with much cooperation from NWA over the past year.
I think Lear70 would agree that the last thing Pinnacle needs to be doing now is divert their attention from themselves. I'm sure with Pinnacle's operational performance that NWA would love for your management team to have more on its plate.
SRMairlines said:
Mesaba is in CH 11 now and it would be impossible for them to aquire any new airplanes until reorganization is complete.
We have not, nor ever will "aquire" sh!t. We (like our 9E brothers) are a paper company with no real assets.
SRMairlines said:
Pinnacle on the other hand can line up new investors on a new certificate, form a holdings company to scope out current 9E pilots, and fly 70-90 seaters at what ever rate NWA wants them for with pilots of their choice. All indications lead to this direction at least until Mesaba completes reorganization.
Who in the heck would invest in any airline? Especially Pinnacle or Mesaba? Let's see...you're a shrinking regional, flying for a bankrupt mainline, and in the midst of contract negotiations.
SRMairlines said:
Be aware... a storm is coming...
At Mesaba, it's already here.

KMOX29

I agree 110%. Who the heck would invest in a business that is losing millions a day. But somehow they do. The storm I am referring to is 9E. What you guys have lost is what we have right now to lose.

SRMairlines said:
No one ever seems to feel threated by the second certificate 9E has been developing with much cooperation from NWA over the past year. Mesaba is in CH 11 now and it would be impossible for them to aquire any new airplanes until reorganization is complete. Pinnacle on the other hand can line up new investors on a new certificate, form a holdings company to scope out current 9E pilots, and fly 70-90 seaters at what ever rate NWA wants them for with pilots of their choice. All indications lead to this direction at least until Mesaba completes reorganization. Be aware... a storm is coming...
The second certificate is no longer an issue for the time being. The company has stopped putting any resources into Pinnace 2, Pinnacle NewCo, or whatever else they have called it in the past. Before they put it on hold they were still 6-12 months from being able to use it anyway. Now that it's on hold, it will probably take much longer than that to get it going again whenever they decide to start. Management is focused on other things right now. Pinnacle 2 is the last thing on their minds.

Last edited:
What about Big Sky? there is a certificate already there.....Change the name and maybe Big Sky=NEWCO?.......I m just shooting from the hip....i am not really up on everything............

They could use the cert, however mesaba pilots will fly anything over 19 seats as per the scope agreement with MAIR (parent comapny of Big SKy and Mesaba).

Side Note: MAIR is not in BK, just Mesaba Aviation.

PCL_128 said:
The second certificate is no longer an issue for the time being. The company has stopped putting any resources into Pinnace 2, Pinnacle NewCo, or whatever else they have called it in the past. Before they put it on hold they were still 6-12 months from being able to use it anyway. Now that it's on hold, it will probably take much longer than that to get it going again whenever they decide to start. Management is focused on other things right now. Pinnacle 2 is the last thing on their minds.

Not true. Trenary and Clive Seal both said in the recent webcast and today's meeting that the certificate is back in development and is now PRIORITY number ONE. All funding and work on the second certificate is still in order. Until 2 weeks ago they had abandoned it but it seems that things have changed again. This could just be a negotiating tactic to scare us in order for our MEC to come to terms with a concessonary contract.

Dont forget there are more than one certificate under the NWA umbrerlla NWA -Pinnacle-Mesaba-Champion. I am hearing that the feds have shot down NWA getting another certificate

Latest resources

Back