Is Mesaba the next Newco?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Positive Rate said:
Does the BK judge have anything to say about the "scope"? Can they over ride that on the XJ side for any reason?

They can't do that unless MAIR themselves is also bankrupt. That's because that scope language exists between MAIR and Mesaba. We're bankrupt, they're not thus that language cannot be changed or chopped by a BK judge. That's right from our Alpa lawyer at the last LEC meeting.

CubanSmoker said:
They can't do that unless MAIR themselves is also bankrupt. That's because that scope language exists between MAIR and Mesaba. We're bankrupt, they're not thus that language cannot be changed or chopped by a BK judge. That's right from our Alpa lawyer at the last LEC meeting.

Thank you.

Thedude said:
Dont forget there are more than one certificate under the NWA umbrerlla NWA -Pinnacle-Mesaba-Champion. I am hearing that the feds have shot down NWA getting another certificate

Not true I am hearing that NWA still has some certificates in their closet. For Example Republic to name just one. In any event they would have no problem getting a new certificate.

I think they are hell bent to use Newco, mesaba, pinnacle all as a whip sawing war to bring costs down. And of course the senior pilots at nwa don't care because they only have 5-10 years left. What will happen though is that it will bring down their rates too.

ALPA NATIONAL PLEASE TAKE A STAND AND WAKE UP!!!!!!!

Max Powers said:
Not true I am hearing that NWA still has some certificates in their closet. For Example Republic to name just one. In any event they would have no problem getting a new certificate.

I'm certainly no expert in FAA 121 certificate issues. But if I'm remembering right, you can't just keep a certificate around without any aircraft on it. I thought that if you didn't have any aircraft on it for a certain time period, the certificate got revoked. I can't imagine that NW has aircraft still flying on the Republic certificate in NW colors??? But then again, I could be way off on this one...

Well what is it with pilots and certificates ...... Listen if Hooters/pace can get a certificate I don't think NWA should have much trouble.

They will start up newco.... IPO it...... and then whip saw whip saw whip saw!

Ye haaaaaaaaaa ALPA needs to stop this from happening or NWA pilots should walk. Oh wait you would have to have some balls to do that.

Max Powers said:
Well what is it with pilots and certificates ...... Listen if Hooters/pace can get a certificate I don't think NWA should have much trouble.

They will start up newco.... IPO it...... and then whip saw whip saw whip saw!

Ye haaaaaaaaaa ALPA needs to stop this from happening or NWA pilots should walk. Oh wait you would have to have some balls to do that.

The Pace certificate had been around for at least ten years before the Hooters guys decided to jump in the action. Pace already had several 737 and a couple 757. Getting a new operating certificate ain't just done in a week.

Monster Buck said:
Newco? Let's see, hhhhmmmm... How is Mid-Atlantic, Song and TED doing?... Well one out of three ain't bad.

I dont think Song and Ted are in the same class as Mid-atlantic. Song was/is still Delta Pilots from the same seniority list. I assume that Ted was the same.

You guys are like a bunch of old women.
Ever see Steel Magnolia's? You guys are them. Who wants to be Weezer?
Go pop your zits and comb the hair on your Barbie doll.
You have no control over this situation.
Shut up and numb the pain.

Latest resources

Back