• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Kalitta still hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Extended Stay (I think it's called that) near DTW is the cheapest. $40.00 out the door with crew discount. Also has a kitchen.

I posted the same question on APC and someone said that last month all the new hires except for one stayed at the Candlewood. So it looks like that is what I'll be planning on. Hopefully everyone else in class has the same idea so it will be easier to get together.

Candlewood ....Hands Down.

3-4 people in my class attempted alternate situations...Red Roof ( totally unacceptable ) and sharing a rental condo/apartment.

They all came to Candlewood within a week or so.

Sept 2010 prices were about $34.00/night. Book 30 days and they refund all taxes. total cost was about $900 for the month.

There is EVERYTHING you need as far as food, restaurants, groceries, dry cleaning, etc. within a one block radius.

Very clean and comfortable, excellent Staff, FREE laundry, $3.00/day in complimentary items of your choice ( sodas, cookies, popcorn, juices, frozen/microwaveable dinner items etc. ) from the snack bar, free coffee every morning, as well... each room has its own kitchen,fridge,microwave, pots,pans, utensils, dishwasher etc., there is also a gym area and a gas BBQ grill/ picnic area outside, free internet, etc.

Get the 3rd floor facing east....nice view and very quiet due to not facing parking area or highway 94 and having no one walking around above you. ( although all the other rooms are fine, this is the most desirable. If they don't have a room available in that area immediately, they are very good at letting you move to one in a day or so after arrival.)

YKW

Last edited:
If you have a YMCA membership you can use the Ann Arbor YMCA for no charge. It is a 10 minute drive from the Candlewood. Pretty nice YMCA.

Just heard a rumor that Kalitta is furloughing. Truth or not?

I just got a call asking me to not come to class 5 days from now, in the classic, and was asked to stay at current company because they will be over staffed after this training class. Yet, they will keep the new hires on the 400? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Latest resources

Back