• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Kalitta still hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As Whine Lover said, not really. The only time they will buy you a business class ticket is if they are deadheading you into a trip and they are running into a duty time problem. Only 50% of your deadhead time counts toward duty if you are in business class or better. I have been here six years and have never been given anything other than coach. Now with that said there is a silver lining. We get to keep all of our miles for our airline travel. I am a Gold Elite on Delta and get upgraded to first more times than not when commuting to and from work. This is only for domestic travel. I have flown Delta from Dubai to Atlanta a few times. I was stuck in coach for both trips but I made out like a bandit on the miles.

Can you drink when you are riding in the back on the way home?

If you are referring to having a cocktail on a commercial flight whilst going to or from an assignment, I can't really give you an answer. There is a 12 hour limit with regards to drinking prior to duty. Not enough of a lawyer to read the CBA and actually understand it so I would not be able to tell you for sure if flying commercial is considered duty time. I dont think that it is (at least on the front or back of a trip...not sure about in the middle). If you are referring to bringing your own on the airplane when deadheading on company AC, I would advise against that. Although I know that it has happened in the past and probably will happen in the future.

Latest resources

Back