• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Kalitta still hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmm...sometimes the written word fails me....I don't see where my post indicates a high stress level on my part (?)

What I DID mean to stress, is the fact that this is about as far from 121 scheduled pax operations as you can get, and some people have trouble dealing with the transition.

So, it behooves one to form a new mindset before even bothering to apply.

Just trying to lay it out plain and simple for folks who are considering the move.

No worries mate, stress levels are well under control...Why just look at THIS:

:) < Gay Smiley Face

See?

YKMKR

I am tired of hearing from some FNG's "This is not what I expected" etc. Yes 17 days seems a longtime but it goes real fast and the block of time off is a bonus. If you can't handle having an inefficient scheduling department running your life for 17 days, this airline (or other ACMI's) is certainly not for you.

hiring continues, 400 and 200, two new 400's on the way, rumor of two more, busy, go to the job fair, it will help to meet them @ Aero crew Solutions, I think it is in ATL.

Im a regional guy of about 5 years, and REALLY would love to work for Kilitta Air over any other ACMI, however I don't have an "IN" at Kalitta. I have heard that you have to have someone walk your resume in to get an interview. My question to anyone that knows, would it be looked at in a negative way to maybe call and speak to the chief pilot and bend his ear??? Im pretty sure that if I could at least get an interview I could probably get a position there.

Thanks for the help.

You would seriously pick Kalitta over Atlas and World??

You would seriously pick Kalitta over Atlas and World??

I will take it a step further. You would seriously pick Kalitta or World over Atlas. With the current management at World I would place Atlas at the top of that list of three.

haha, well maybe he is considering the upgrades at Kalitta are less than a year, or maybe he lives in Michigan, whatever, it's his interest not yours.

I have to agree in that there are worse places to be than Kalitta. Jobs are so much what you make them to be and it's your own personal career so if it is meeting the expectations of career path who am I to judge.

I have to agree in that there are worse places to be than Kalitta. Jobs are so much what you make them to be and it's your own personal career so if it is meeting the expectations of career path who am I to judge.

well said man, nice, yea there are worse places to be, especially furloughed. We are hiring furloughed pilots, which is very good!

ps. and the job isn't always for someone to pick, picking one over the other isn't our decision in the end, as we all know, it is HR, at least here you meet the Asst CP and CP in the interview, no BS, just selecting good pilots.

Last edited:
At least he has some standards. Thank God he hasn't lowered his sights to show interest in Evergreen! :rolleyes:

My sincere apologies to my EZ brethren. I seriously was over-reacting to Spitfires seriously cheap shot at Kalitta, but I forgot that the LCFs moved over to Atlas. I'm sorry that I stepped down to that level.
Seriously, if his opinion is that Kalitta is the least desirable of the three, so be it. Seriously.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back