Is Kalitta still hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There IS NO SCHEDULE at Kalitta.

If you can't grasp that concept, don't even consider applying.

There are Lines to bid...But, you will not fly them.

You just go out for 17 days and then take 13-14 off.

Simple.

Of the 17 days you are out, plan on working 6-8 of them.

Done.

TGR

Sounds like you need to take a stress test there buddy...you might be under to much pressure!!

Can you grasp that concept??

Are they serious about jet only time? I only have turboprop time. 1800 TPIC though.

Sounds like you need to take a stress test there buddy...you might be under to much pressure!!

He is exactly correct about the schedule at Kalitta. It is unlike any other airline. I think that is what he was getting at. Several people that have gotten hired here have a hard time adjusting to not knowing where you are going until 24 hours before you are going there.

Last edited:

I didn't detect on bit of stress in his post. It sounded like he was just presenting the facts.

Yep, different than any other airline except Atlas, World, OMNI, Southern Air, etc.

Ah yes, I forgot. I must be more specific for some of you.

Kalitta is very different from non freight airlines (where many of our new hires come from). Other ACMI companies such as those mentioned above are probably very similar to Kalitta.

But at least there is a "schedule." 17/13. While ON the road? No. That's okay. I will just have the attitude that they have me for those 17 (or so) days. Then i'll go home and have MY time off. :)

i got $80 to burn so im gonna check out the job fair. am i just payin $$ to put my resume in a big pile or is it really a good chance to have a chat about the job and get some face time?? im going to knock on kalitta's door, not eagle or skywest!!

WHat job fair? Sending resumes seems to be getting me nowhere.

Hmmm...sometimes the written word fails me....I don't see where my post indicates a high stress level on my part (?)

What I DID mean to stress, is the fact that this is about as far from 121 scheduled pax operations as you can get, and some people have trouble dealing with the transition.

So, it behooves one to form a new mindset before even bothering to apply.

Just trying to lay it out plain and simple for folks who are considering the move.

No worries mate, stress levels are well under control...Why just look at THIS:

:) < Gay Smiley Face

See?

YKMKR

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back