• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Kalitta still hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since I am kind of new, just curious about the class date. The bid was for Oct 10th, but then gets delayed without a new bid. Wondering what the union says about that? Maybe some pilot took out his bid because of some important function he had on Oct 15, but could well have attended the class if he new it was going to be late Oct. Doesn't really affect me either way, but I have seen this once or twice already in the short time I have been here so just curious.

it's a good question, I am questioning that also, most of the time, if no one grieves it then it goes with out scrutiny.

one 400 fo i think hasn't served his 1 year AND 500 hr requirement to try again, then again, if someone junior questions it through grievance or a call to the union, then it goes on, I think, a little sad....

it's a good question, I am questioning that also, most of the time, if no one grieves it then it goes with out scrutiny.

one 400 fo i think hasn't served his 1 year AND 500 hr requirement to try again, then again, if someone junior questions it through grievance or a call to the union, then it goes on, I think, a little sad....
Two of them. Number 1 and 3. One of them has attempted upgrade three times. The one is year is to the effective date of the vacancy Dec 26, 2011 not the class date Oct 10th 2011.

So, if a newhire starts this month in October, given the current growth rate and addition of aircraft going forward, what is the "likely" upgrade time? 2-3 years? I understand things change in this business (e.g., contracts cancelled, expansion halted, etc.).

So, if a newhire starts this month in October, given the current growth rate and addition of aircraft going forward, what is the "likely" upgrade time? 2-3 years? I understand things change in this business (e.g., contracts cancelled, expansion halted, etc.).

2-3 months on the 200

thats a slight exaggeration... though right now its running about a year on the Classic.

Two of them. Number 1 and 3. One of them has attempted upgrade three times. The one is year is to the effective date of the vacancy Dec 26, 2011 not the class date Oct 10th 2011.

I thought you only got 2 chances? (not "you" in particular, but "you" in general)

thats a slight exaggeration... though right now its running about a year on the Classic.

yes, the most recent award went to a guy at 1 yr, the previous award for the 200 was two guys at 9 months. where does it go from there?

in my class in 08, one guy had been here 6 months, initial GS and initial sim, no IOE and was in upgrade class right after he did the IOE, the other more junior guy was just out of initial GS, 1 month off, then in class with us.

So how many crews are we short? especially with 4 more 200's coming online by the end of the year?? it will go to new hires again soon, it has to, who is going to bid it?

yes, the most recent award went to a guy at 1 yr, the previous award for the 200 was two guys at 9 months. where does it go from there?

in my class in 08, one guy had been here 6 months, initial GS and initial sim, no IOE and was in upgrade class right after he did the IOE, the other more junior guy was just out of initial GS, 1 month off, then in class with us.

So how many crews are we short? especially with 4 more 200's coming online by the end of the year?? it will go to new hires again soon, it has to, who is going to bid it?

WOW !!! that is awesome,are 4 Classics confirmed?

oh....i thought if you failed 2 training events you were done and sent packing? anyway, Guam, i think we flew together on what was supposed to be your last FO trip...glad you got it...looking forward to flying with you in the left seat!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back