• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Kalitta still hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
well don't feed them bad info, we interview and hire a lot of commuters, probably most of them are. heck half the check airman on the classic are commuter types.

I can name a half dozen non-commuter types that have tried to upgrade and have had some difficulties and/or failures... come on Emb, don't generalize too much.
Of the last three new hire class at least most have had international time, some just in small or large equipment, but international none the less. We are still get a good mix of Corp, Commuter, furloughed major (UPS and United) and other (flying overseas for someone).

Of the last three new hire class at least most have had international time, some just in small or large equipment, but international none the less. We are still get a good mix of Corp, Commuter, furloughed major (UPS and United) and other (flying overseas for someone).

i agree, furloughed UPS, really?
UAL I have met, great bunch, but don't forget, other than military, those that went to UAL were more than likely a commuter.

good, we seem to have hired a great bunch and many without jobs which is also great.

those that went to UAL were more than likely a commuter.

When I said that we were not hiring commuter guys, I did not mean that they never flew for a commuter. I meant that they were not hiring guys straight from the commuters. Again, it would appear that they are. I just flew with a UAL guy and really enjoyed the trip with him. It is good to see they are hiring some great people.

Since I am kind of new, just curious about the class date. The bid was for Oct 10th, but then gets delayed without a new bid. Wondering what the union says about that? Maybe some pilot took out his bid because of some important function he had on Oct 15, but could well have attended the class if he new it was going to be late Oct. Doesn't really affect me either way, but I have seen this once or twice already in the short time I have been here so just curious.

The class dates put out on the bids are not set in stone the company can change them as they want without union interaction. Quiet a few classes have changed over the past couple of years for many reasons, sim back up's, IOE completion, class room availability (thats why the sim building is being expanded) etc. I wouldn't sweat it.

Quite a nice mix here. My class of last year:

- 1 - American F/O - furloughed

- 1 - UAL F/O - furloughed

- 2 - Former Midex Captains

- 2 - Former ATA Captains

- 1 - Delta - Former 737-800 Fleet Manager

- 2 - Commuter F/O's

All of us eligible to upgrade at the 10 month point. The American Dude bypassed AA recall to upgrade and is in class now.

Some of us bypassing upgrade for personal reasons have allowed a few folks at the 6-9 month level to get a slot.

Interesting times at a very interesting place...

YKW

Last edited:
Couple of questions for you lot,

how long does it take to complete training IOE etc
and
how many hours do you fly ,on average, every month.

Thanks in advance.

Couple of questions for you lot,

how long does it take to complete training IOE etc
and

about 4 weeks of GS....3 weeks of sim....IOE is a crap shoot. took me about 3 weeks (included some fam rides in there) and had about 10 days off after sim. They are backed up right now....some guys have waited over two months for IOE.

how many hours do you fly ,on average, every month.

not sure....but i am guessing i have averaged maybe 60 hours of flying and 80 or so hours of pay.

Thanks in advance.

hope that helps

Thanks skypine69, I'm trying to figure out how long I could be making $600 a week for.

I guess I should have said credit hours as opposed to hours flown.

I just heard that the last new hire class for the year starts on Monday the 24th.

Latest resources

Back