• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Is Kalitta still hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On the way home, you have to be CONUS by 19z OR home by 2359z. If either of these conditions are met they have complied with the contract and wont pay you for a day off.

It is actually "and" not a "or", although the company like the way you think. This one gets grieved often.

agreed....just giving the guy kind of the "worst case" situation. being still kind of new i dont think I would grieve that, although it has yet to affect me. Out of curiosity, what have been the outcomes of the grievances?

One more question. What is the future for Kalitta after CK is no longer around? What are the plans? I know this is a matter of opinion and speculation, but what do most of you think?

Last edited:
One more question. What is the future for Kalitta after CK is no longer around? What are the plans? I know this is a mtter of opinion and speculation, but what do most of you think?

CK's nephew DK will run it for a while. In my opinion, I think K4 will eventually be sold.

:cool: I have finally been invited for an iterview next month at Kalitta. Would any one be kind enough to share their recent interview experience and some current gouge please?

Also, I have read every single thread on this forum and APC about Kalitta, but I still had a few questions if some of you current Kalitta guys wouldn't mind answering.

1) My only goal is to travel and see the world. I realize you guys can fly all over the planet, but are your layover cities pretty varied? In other words, do you guys normally have overnights other than Liege, Bahrain, HKG, and ANC? Will I ever have the opportunity to layover in Japan, Australia, India, Dubai, or ICN for example? Are the hotels relatively decent in most places? How long is a typical layover?

2) I understand that by being home based one's duty day starts at 0001Z on day 1 and has to report by 0500Z and done on day 17 by 1900Z. So let's say I live in ORD. Does that mean the earliest I can be made to DH out of ORD on day one is 1801? And I have to be back in ORD by 1759 on day 17? So essentially day 1 and 17 are travel days?

3) What are typical duty days like? I see in the contract, depending on the type of crew and domestic or intl, that one can be on duty at Kalitta for up to 26-30 hours:eek:. How often does that happen? Are duty days like that normal?

4) How does vacation bidding work? I know that years 1-4 you get 14 days. Is it possible that your vacation days can fall on scheduled days off and you only get the vacation pay and no additional time off? Am I correct to assume that you should bid a line that has flying over your vacation days, which means that you would then work 10 days and have the rest of the month off?

5) I know you guys are in contract negotiations. How are those going? What sort of changes are you guys looking for? Anything specific that you guys are really trying to change? I can only assume things will continue to improve.

I would greatly appreciate any addition info and insight. Thanks for the help.:beer:

Check out Kalitta's schedule and click on tail number to see 400 vs. Classic:

http://www.kalittaair.com/Schedule.aspx#

agreed....just giving the guy kind of the "worst case" situation. being still kind of new i dont think I would grieve that, although it has yet to affect me. Out of curiosity, what have been the outcomes of the grievances?

Not grieving that just because you are a 'new guy', keep that to yourself, If you really wouldn't, you should quit and go somewhere else.

You will have total support, you are only going to affect other "new guys" the wrong way.

Just because you are new is no reason to disregard the contract and let the company take advantage.

Last edited:
Point taken....not really an issue since i have not had the situation arise yet. Understand the situation probation guys are in though. One person tells us one thing about the way the contract is interpreted and someone else says something different. We start sticking our necks out and making noise we could find ourselves out of a job. So far I have not really had any issues that were contrary to the contract, but I am sure it will happen in the future.

CK's nephew DK will run it for a while. In my opinion, I think K4 will eventually be sold.

Maybe. I think though that as long as it a cash cow (as it has been for a while now) I think things will stay as they are.

Well on the hiring front, heard today that classes of 20 a month through April starting in Jan and thats for starters. Jan class is 10/200 & 10/400.

Well on the hiring front, heard today that classes of 20 a month through April starting in Jan and thats for starters. Jan class is 10/200 & 10/400.

someone in training today said 12/12, still those are good numbers, no upgrades in Jan. just new hires.

Latest resources

Back