Is Expressjet The Best???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anais Nin said:
XJet (CoEx) sucked bad when I was there........3+ years ago! I heard things have improved, but it depends on what your persepctive. For most of the 800 hour pilots recently hired , I'm sure it's peachy-keen compared to instructing!

Ever since you were fired for coming on to all of the other men at work, things have improved.

And, thanks to you, we have to watch videos now in recurent CRM titled, "my F/O is gay, now what?" and "Hey, it's ok to be gay. It's not ok to talk about it in the cockpit, though."

Thanks to the second video, most of us can't make happy hour.

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

Spinplate said:
Well, I have an interview on Monday the 18th with Pinnacle, Mesa on the 27th ( I live in Phoenix), and Im trying to get my date for an interview at ExpressJet. I know Mesa isnt the best, but I have th epotential of getting PHX at some point. Fiance and I just bought our condo so commuting is a must. I have a pad to stay at in Memphis if I got on with pinnacle there. For CoEx, I would hope to get Houston, but most ppl are saying that Newark is the Jr. base. who knows, im just studying for the interviews right now

If you come to ExpressJet (and given your choices I would any day of the week and twice on Sunday), I would seriously choose Newark as a base. PHX is VERY VERY commuter heavy, both CAL and us. I have a couple of friends that commuted PHX to EWR and now PHX to IAH and they say Houston is much tougher. Just keep that in mind.

I would say that this place is probably one of the best, if not the best regional out there. Don't let rumors of long upgrades or us loosing CAL flying in 2007 scare you away. Those are just rumors. The work rules we have here can't be beat. Plus, you'll fly with some of the greatest people on Earth. We have a good relationship with management and a very strong MEC. Long upgrade or not, this is a place you can be comfortable at for a while.

Sounds good!! My old CFI is a new FO there and he loves it! Its the only regional Ive seen ppl saying positive things about. I dont take everything seriously, but its hard when you dont know about how it is to work for each of these companies. Too many spoon fed pilots complaining about hard work if you ask me. Not all of them, but a few. (My daddy will get me on with this major and that.) PAY YOUR DUES AND STFU! I guess it cant be any worse than flight instructing!!

Been with XJT for almost a year and love it. Good work rules, most of the captains I fly with are top notch, and the flying is great, very diverse.

The only think I dont like is the bases, CLE sucks, EWR sucks, and IAH sucks.

Good luck with your desicion, but good luck getting hired first.

I've only been here a year, and I can complain along with the best of 'em, but when it comes right down to it, this is a really great airline to work for.

I hold the base I want, 2 day trips (which I want) and I average 14 to 16 days off per month. The medical benefits are really great, the 401K can't be beat and as stated above, our relationship with management is pretty darned good (ie, I know if I ever really had a problem and needed the time off, they would arrange it).

Of course, everyone has different things they are looking for in an airline so you have to find the one that's right for you, but for my purposes, this is the very best regional I could be at...for me, that is.

Good luck in your search.....

SkyBoy1981 said:
I left a corporate gig to come to ExpressJet, and I'm very happy here. QOL is good, upgrade time is reasonable (better than 10 years at Comair or Eagle), and overall its an enjoyable place to work.

comair is at 3-4 currently. Most people at XJET think the new contract sucks...

SkyBoy1981 said:
I left a corporate gig to come to ExpressJet, and I'm very happy here. QOL is good, upgrade time is reasonable (better than 10 years at Comair or Eagle), and overall its an enjoyable place to work.

Comair upgrade time is between 3 and 4 years, and thats with no aircraft arriving. You're more than welcome to wait until you can hold weekends off with 2-day trips in MCO, which will take 10 years, but that is hardly considered "upgrade time."

No it aint the best.

Define "best"

If you live in CLE, IAH, or EWR it aint all that bad though. It beats Gulfstream/Great Lakes.

Alot of people on this forum dislike XJT because there are some XJT-ers on this forum that are incessant about letting everyone know how much better they think XJT is compared some other totally reputable companies. So coming on this forum and saying "is XJT the best?" is a great way to get people to pay attention but its the same kind of tactics the NATL ENQUIRER use to grab attention. Are you sure want to stoop to that level? bottom line is Go where you want to go and enjoy yourself. Upgrade ain't lickity split right now. If you want a quick upgrade...I would not mind if you looked elsewhere, If you want a decent flying job with some great folks and some great equipment and some halfway decent work rules...you'll make the right decision if you come here.

Good luck

Spinplate said:
Too many spoon fed pilots complaining about hard work if you ask me.

D amn straight. I know a few of those guys in the instructor ranks.

-Goose

Last edited:
samballs said:
comair is at 3-4 currently. Most people at XJET think the new contract sucks...
I stand corrected on the upgrade at Comair then. I was under the impression it was longer. As far as -most- people thinking our contract at XJT sucks? Sorry....that just isn't true. There are a handful that b!tch about the hard pay rates, but the work rules really make a big difference. This coming from someone who has worked at a place with no work rules and knows how important they are for QOL.

Latest resources

Back